Re: Caller numbers have added characters - ";rn=1817602"
tadrscin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried that.  I still get the extra ;rn=+1801718 added to some incoming calls.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tadrscin, I'm disheartened to learn that this step did not resolve your issue. Is your device physically damaged at all (cracked screen, corrosion, etc)? You mentioned that the device has the latest software update. To ensure that you are, in fact, on the latest update, please confirm the update version that you have currently. To learn how to view this, please refer to the following link here: http://spr.ly/6601Elxib. Also, what type of call are you having this issue with (Wi-Fi Calling, HD Calling, etc.)?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
tadrscin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just verified that it has the latest updates.  I just do regular voice calls.  No wifi, hd etc.  The phone doesn't have any physical damage.  

0 Likes
rustysundance
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is the call filter app ? I have a Samsung Galaxy 5 with Verizon wireless.

0 Likes
GrooTheFierce
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. Galaxy S6 Edge+ with all the latest updates.  I'm pretty sure THIS call (below) is a robocall.  [removed]

InkedScreenshot_20190603-160458_LI.jpg

Content modified as required by the Verizon Wireless Community Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping in contact with us, GrooTheFierce. Are you aware of our current Caller Filter feature? Please review this link for more informaton : https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218440/ .  CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
jonasnoble
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm returning after several months of having this problem. I tried it in safe mode, but it still occurs. This is not a 3rd party application problem, this is a problem with the Verizon network. Specifically, how land line phones are routed through cellular networks. This string is only added when I'm being called from any land line. And I can assume it's some sort of generic pointer relating to the cell tower where the land line phone is converted and forwarded from.

Fyrman435
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S6. Started happening approx. 2 weeks ago with any number, regardless if it is numbers I know or spammers trying to call. On the "incoming call" screen everything looks normal, however if you miss the call, on the "Missed calls" screen, it shows the number that called you, plus, in my case  ;rn=+1209662 which is not even close to the number that called me. Even if the number is blocked in the phone, it allows it to ring. The extra charachters at the end also prevents special ring tones assigned to a number to work, it rings the defualt ring tone. 

I went into "Safe Mode" on the phone and called from my work.  The same thing happens. xxxxxxxxxx;rn=+1209662

0 Likes
Fyrman435
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Galaxy S6. Started happening approx. 2 weeks ago with any number, regardless if it is numbers I know or spammers trying to call. On the "incoming call" screen everything looks normal, however if you miss the call, on the "Missed calls" screen, it shows the number that called you, plus, in my case  ;rn=+1209662 which is not even close to the number that called me. Even if the number is blocked in the phone, it allows it to ring. The extra charachters at the end also prevents special ring tones assigned to a number to work, it rings the defualt ring tone. 

I went into "Safe Mode" on the phone and called from my work.  The same thing happens. xxxxxxxxxx;rn=+1209662

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the update jonasnoble. We definitely appreciate everything you have tried to get this issue resolved on your own. Can you provide your current software version on your device? Does it matter where you are when receiving these type of calls?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes