Re: Caller numbers have added characters - ";rn=1817602"
tadrscin
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with any call blocker apps.  I don't have any installed, but many of the phone numbers show up with xxxxxxxxxx;rn=+1801718 on my screen for missed calls.  It doesn't effect all phones though as my wife has the same Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920V and she still sees everyone's correct number.  If you happen to see the caller ID screen come up, that looks perfectly normal.  If you miss the call and then swipe down from the top to see who called, that's where the incorrect number is shown.  For me this started happening within about the last week or so.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tadrscin, having Caller ID issues can frustrate, especially since you need the feature to identify all incoming calls, we want to offer the support you deserve. Any recent changes (new update, new apps, etc)? Aside from the Caller ID function, any other issues?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
tadrscin
Enthusiast - Level 2

No other issues.  I haven't installed any new apps and the only updates have been for pretty basic apps such as facebook, twitter, gmail etc.

0 Likes
vooph
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a similar problem that just started about 2-3 weeks ago.  Only some calls are getting the "rn=+1253691" added at the end of the phone number.  The call never rings on my end and it goes straight to voicemail on the caller's end also without ringing.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5.  I force disabled caller ID and restarted my phone.  It worked for a few calls and then the rn # started reappearing randomly again.  I have no new apps on phone so that's not causing it.  This really needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tadrscin, thanks for confirming those details for me. Please share with me does this happen on every incoming call? Also, confirm for me when did you first notice the Caller ID issue?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
tadrscin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went ahead and did a factory reset on my phone and it still has the same issue.  It's clearly something on Verizon's end.  Pleae get this fixed!

tadrscin
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doens't do it on evey call and it started a little over a week ago.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vooph, we understand your concern. Is the software on your device updated?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
tadrscin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know about everyone else, but my phone has all of the latest updates available for it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting us know what steps have been taken. We are sorry to see that did not help. Let's try a few more steps to ensure this gets resolved as soon as possible. We want to restart the device in Safe Mode.

1. Press and hold the Power button until the Power off prompt appears then release.

2. Touch and hold Power off until the "Reboot to safe mode" prompt appears then release.

3. From the Reboot to safe mode prompt, tap RESTART to confirm.
Note The process may take up to 90 seconds to complete.
Note Upon reboot, "Safe mode" appears in the lower-left of the unlock/home screen.

4. With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality.

Here is a link with more details, http://spr.ly/6600Elt8G

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes