Re: Caller numbers have added characters - ";rn=1817602"
northford

I use truecaller.  What is happening is the number 1817602 get blocked.  This is not the actual number the spammer is calling from.  I opened truecaller setting and blocked the actual number.  Hopefully this will work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These spam calls are a blight. We do hope tht works for you. If not, please reach out to the developer. 

Soon, we will be offering our Call Filter application, at no additional charge to your bill.

CraigS_VZW

0 Likes
PGunn
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears to have worked but one thing needs to be added.

The process to block.....

1) First create a contact and name it, I used "Unknown"

A) add the number after the RN info, numbers only and you may need to modify the auto correct but it will work.
Now call the number it will drop and error if it does not just hang up. Now block that number it will show up as the name of the contact.

Next call the first part of number and just hang up then block that number also.

So all together you block both numbers and ignore the ";RN= " part of the number.

0 Likes
PGunn
Enthusiast - Level 2

what I mean by "the first part of the number" is in my case 7815551234 (example only)

0 Likes
PGunn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still working have not received a single call using the method I wrote about above.

0 Likes
android4life82
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know why this is happening?  I've started noticing this a couple days ago on my Samsung Note 5.

jonasnoble
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still happening on my phone. Can anybody tell me why or what the actual fix could be? It's happening to my home contact, so blocking is not an option.

pstanJack
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this same issue talked with Verizon Customer Service and they were not able to help! It tags this to every incoming call! I wonder is it related to Verizon's new Robo Blocker software? I too have Samsung Note 5

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pstanJack, I can see how receivng numbers with jumbled characters can be stranges. WHen did this start? Is your software up to date? Are these normal voice calls or Wi-Fi Calls?   EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
jonasnoble
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey everybody. Something at Verizon must've gotten jumbled with an update in mid-February. I've been on the phone with Verizon and Sumsung for a week, and they finally fixed the problem. I don't quite understand what they did, but they had me shut my phone off. Then they disabled/removed my caller ID funtion, and re-enabled it. These characters no longer show up.