Re: C811 release date?
Unclerichie

He he he... Nothing like a canned response from the big company that knows nothing about releasing a device that has been approved for them by the FCC... Hey guys, we're with you!  Stay positive and sign up for new product alerts!  That's all you gotta do! Do you think someone up the foodchain is going to say, "Listen, we lost our shirt on the 1st Commando because it was out of date right after release. It's an expensive phone on our end, and we've been trying to dump them. If we release the next Casio, that phone, coupled with what our competition is releasing, means no one is interested in the old Casios we have left. Go ahead and try our competition, you will find our network is still the best and we think you'll come back."  Of course, we are all just speculating on why there is no new phone, but Verizon isn't going to reveal their reasons or strategy to the general public.  Phones aside, from what I've heard from many others, that Verizon does have the best coverage(network) out there and it's been that way for years.  There must be more to this than dumping the old models... How many could they have? They're still trying to get $50 with a two year contract; if they really wanted to dump them, they'd be free with contract. They couldn't write a boxful off and donate them to our military? 

0 Likes
Going2USCellular

I did get mine free. All three of them. My contract had expired over a year ago and I was on a month to month. I was even looking to switch to another provider, but none of them had a rugged phone that impressed me. I'm at the point where I won't buy a non-MILSPEC phone anymore. After weighing the options, it turns out that sticking with VW was the less expensive option with the free phones (even though I'm being raped in the long run with the $220 monthly bills).

First thing I did was root the phone and de-bloat it. Now it's pretty fast, but I do have some issues with rebooting when I run a RAM heavy program/game. I'm looking for a bigger/better phone and am really looking forward to the new Commando, but I'm in no hurry since I've got nearly two years before I can get any sort of discount.

0 Likes
f117nitehawk2002
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think it's really stupid of yall not to release this phone. QUIT being greedy and trying to push all the old phones first then go tada the new commando everyone in the world knows it's out it's on the FCC website with yall user manual you gonna lose a lot of people of stupid stuff like this just release the darn phone already. or are you trying to drive people away.

VERY ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
davidhowland
Enthusiast - Level 1

I really wanted that Casio phone, but I can't wait till next year.  My 2 yrs have been up for a while waiting, in vain, for the c811 😞

Going to have to settle for the Galaxy S4 Active which comes out, hopefully, next month.

0 Likes
dirtybiketrash
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been waiting on this phone for what seems like forever...

0 Likes
dirtybiketrash
Enthusiast - Level 3

The pics that I saw of the phone yesterday look pretty good.

0 Likes
JJ12
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is not that you do not have information, it is you are unwilling to provide the information. And by you I mean Verizon.

I called the other day inquiring about the C811 and the rep redirected me to the ravine 2. I asked him if it was a smart phone to which he said yes and asked him if it was 4g (again to which he said yes.) I asked him if he knew where I could get more information about this phone and he gave me casio's technical support. I called and inquired about the ravine 2 and asked the same questions (we all know the correct answers)  and after I was done with that I asked about the C811 and he said it was not due out for another year. SERIOUSLY A YEAR! What part of Moore's law does Verizon not understand? This phone will be dead before we (the costumers, since it seems like Verizon needs everything spelt out) can get out hands on it.

TL;DR Verizon's crappy costumer service + Verizon's poor business choices means this phone will never truly be useful

0 Likes
dirtybiketrash
Enthusiast - Level 3

Boy, that made my heart sink a little.

0 Likes
Ed_C_Exiting
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Commando 2 looks to have slightly superior specs to the Samsung Galaxy Pro, but one spec that the Pro has is that I can get it now, for $50.  Thinking of getting 3, one for myself and each of my kids.  Can also upgrade my wife's iphone to a 4s for $50.  4 phones for $200.  I wouldn't be thinking of switching if I knew the release date was coming up, say by the end of this month or next, but next year is too long to wait.  Life is short.

0 Likes
Ed_C_Exiting
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oops.  I meant to compare to Rugby Pro.  Not Galaxy.  Sorry for typo.

0 Likes