Busy when calling Voicemail
zhopia

I just bought the LG G3 a couple days ago. The employees told me to call *86 in order to set up my voicemail. However, whenever I do so, the busy signal/noise immediately appears. There are no outages or such in my area.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Busy when calling Voicemail
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to call Customer service, and use a different phone than the one you are trying to set up the voicemail for.  Call 800-922-0204, choose option 4, and then say AGENT to be connected to a real person.  The last couple of times I've had to call connection has been with no wait time, but sometimes there is a few minutes wait.

They will check the voicemail setup on their end, and should have your voicemail working by the end of the call.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to call Customer service, and use a different phone than the one you are trying to set up the voicemail for.  Call 800-922-0204, choose option 4, and then say AGENT to be connected to a real person.  The last couple of times I've had to call connection has been with no wait time, but sometimes there is a few minutes wait.

They will check the voicemail setup on their end, and should have your voicemail working by the end of the call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zhopia,

Congrats on the new phone!  Yes, *86 is the correct way to call and set up your voicemail.  You do need to be connected to a Verizon Wireless tower.  Do you know if you're possibly in an extended network? We may end up needing to add/update the feature on our end as SuzyQ stated.  You can do so by calling or if you would like accept my follow request and we can do it via Private Message.

Here are the instructions for a PM; http://vz.to/1v0uLEw

Let us know if you need anything!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
zhopia

I followed you yesterday but it still says waiting approval. I'm going to call right now.

0 Likes