Broken Screen LG V30
AMBCRA11

My month-old V30 screen just cracked, seemingly over night. I picked it up out of my purse two days ago and there was a giant scratch across the screen protector. I didn't know how it got so scratched in my tiny purse but I wasn't worried since it was just the screen protector. This morning the "scratch" was bigger and I realized it's not a scratch, it's a crack! And an hour ago I looked at the phone and there's a new, small crack on the opposite side of the screen with what feels like a tiny chip on the edge of the screen protector. I did not drop the phone, it went from my purse to my desk. I have had it in a case (hard shell with raised corners) all this time and the screen protector was applied by a Verizon employee. This does NOT seem right! I have never cracked a phone screen and I just buy an $840 phone and now the screen cracks?? This is why I didn't buy a Samsung Galaxy, which is the phone I wanted. Any chance this is a manufacturing defect? To add insult to injury the dang salesman didn't bother to tell me I only had until Nov 20th to send in for the $200 Visa card and I missed it by 4 days. I miss my Turbo 2. I'm not loving this phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Broken Screen LG V30
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMBCRA11,

I'm terribly sorry to hear this happened to your new phone. I know I rely on having a phone I can count on and we want to make sure a solution can be found. We don't have any reports of defects with this phone's screen but we're glad to see what can be done to solve this. I've sent you a private message. Please respond when you're able so we can fully assist you.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Broken Screen LG V30
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered contacting LG customer service directly to see what your options are for repair or replacement?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes