Brand new S3 came ROOTED???
clodoverizon

My wife bought new S3 couple days ago and I showed it to a friend, and he said the new phone might be a returned phone because it came with "Superuser" "Titatinum Pro" "Gps test"  Is this weird? I downloaded an app called checkroot and it said the phone wasn't rooted. However we don't want a "Returned" phone after paying a huge upgrade price!

The only other thing I can think of was that when adding the gmail account or sim card? the apps got transferred, even though those were the only out of ordinary apps. What should I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Brand new S3 came ROOTED???
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you download those apps on a previous phone so that they transferred when setting up this phone?

Did you buy this phone at a Corporate Verizon store or at a retailer?

0 Likes
clodoverizon

I think the apps had been downloaded in a previous phone on the gmail account thats linked to S3. I bought it from retailer store.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

So is it your gmail account that's tied to the phone or someone else's?  If it's not yours, with you buying it from a retailer, you may indeed have been sold a used phone as new.  If that's the case, I'd return the phone, ask for a full refund, and not pay any re-stocking fees, plus report the issue/store to Verizon.

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

<This discussion will now be closed.  The discussion of rooting or hacking of any device in any form is not permitted on this community per the .>

0 Likes