Brand new LG G2 and unable to send picture messages?
tay09

i was able to send picture messages until two days ago. Now I am unable too. Is there anything I can do to be able to send pictures again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Brand new LG G2 and unable to send picture messages?
crimsonduex
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just use Verizon Messages. It's a pain that they broke it, but at least something works.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tay09

I am also unable to recieve them

0 Likes
DebiJH

I was told by a service tech that this is a known problem with the LG G2. It apparently was caused by a google update and they aren't correcting it till September, by apparently doing another update.. I am on my 2nd LG G2 phone. My 1st one worked for3 months and started not sending pics or receiving pics with messages. The 2nd one worked for 3 days before it started doing the same thing. I did everything they told me to do plus a hard reset which I did several times and only works for 3 days. And who wants to reset their phone every 3 days. My phone also will only let me open a few emails before I get a "failed" "server not responding", try again later. Have no idea if that is connected with the pic text messages or not, but it is annoying. If google can not get the issue corrected then I understand they will issue new phones. I really don't understand how everything is connected and if someone can explain it further I'd like to hear. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
jsmith7539

I was told the same thing on 7/17/14. They offered a $20 credit. But I am considering going to Team Mobile. I find it unacceptable having to wait until September sometime. It worked just fine until a week ago. I have tried everything to get it to work no luck.

0 Likes
jsmith7539

The email thing was happening on my phone as well but it started allowing me to send pictures through emails in the last few days. I still cannot send sms pic txts though or even see previous texts that I had received months ago with pictures. All it shows is a gray window with a half picture icon with a triangle and ! in it. I am not sure who to be pissed at Verizon or Android or LG.

0 Likes
crimsonduex
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just use Verizon Messages. It's a pain that they broke it, but at least something works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day jsmith7539! I have the LG G2 myself and I understand first hand the issues you are experiencing with picture messages after latest software update. I have also explored options to resolve and I am happy report that I am able to send/receive picture messages with a free messaging application from the Play Store. The app is Textra, give it a try and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes