Bought ringtone but can't set it as anything Optimus zone prepaid
Valnor

I recently got a ringtone off verizons site, and found it on my phone but I can't find anyway to set it as a ring tone at all, it just plays the bit of the song that the ringtone is.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bought ringtone but can't set it as anything Optimus zone prepaid
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

According to page 43 of the user manual, you are supposed to be able to Tap and Hold the song in the Music list and the options will come up including "Use as Ringtone".  That is assuming that the file is of a type that is compatible with the phone for use as a ringtone.

You might also try (from page 52) going to the Sound settings where it has Phone Ringtone as a setting.

Valnor

Ill have to try that, I saddly didnt actually read through the whole thing and will admit that.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

No worries.  Most people don't read them.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Valnor

It informed me the audio player doesnt support this kind of file, ugh ><

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

I'm not familiar with that phone, but if (as the manual seems to indicate) the phone can use "Music" as a ringtone, you might not need to buy ringtones and can just get MP3 ringtones from any number of free sites such as Zedge.  Or make your own from songs that you already own.  You can clip them into short lengths on a computer using free software such as Audacity or if you use iTunes right in iTunes itself even though the phone you are currently using is an Android.

0 Likes
Bought ringtone but can't set it as anything Optimus zone prepaid
Valnor

Hm thats not a bad idea I shall try taking some of my stuff from my computer and using it or trying to, I thank you for your fast responses though! I know another used seemed to have issues with it as well but we shall see.

0 Likes