Bluetooth
Tofast4u97
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone had any trouble with the Samsung s6 and bluetooth. Specifically the Bluetooth in your vehicle? I bought a new vehicle it worked great for the first 2wks and now nothing. I constantly get a message that the Bluetooth is disconnected or stopped working. It works flawlessly with my husband's phone. My s6 is brand new and current on updates

Labels (1)
Re: Bluetooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to explore ways to resolve this Bluetooth issue Breanna.  First troubleshooting step is to ensure that your phone is fully compatible with your vehicle’s Bluetooth system and profiles. Please reach out to your car manufacturer to confirm full compatibility with your phone. You can also run an online search to confirm such compatibility. For instance, if your vehicle is a Honda you can confirm compatibility at this link: http://spr.ly/6580Br6nw

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Interesting, the Samsung Galaxy S6 is not listed on the Verizon listing of phones with my 2013 Honda Civic.  S3, 4, 5 but no 6.  Maybe that's why the bluetooth randomly connects and disconnects as I'm driving.  It will initially pair and connect, then disconnect, then reconnect - sometimes more than once, and it 's happened duringa conversation too.  It doesn't hang up the call, when it reconnects I can still hear the other caller and we are still connected, but the bluetooth comes and goes, making conversation difficult.

To answer your question, Tofast4u97, yes, I do have trouble with the S6 and bluetooth in my vehicle!

0 Likes
gjm999

Verizon Customer Service-- WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED????? Your website (along with others on the internet) clearly document that this is an ongoing issue with this phone, yet, nothing is being done to address this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gjm999 Making sure the Bluetooth is working in your car is very important. We offer assistance with applications whenever we can. We can definitely make sure you have a great Network and Customer Service. At times like this the best direction would be the car manufacturer. Have you checked with your dealer?
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gjm999

If you looked at my prior posts and comments, we have determined that this is definitely a phone issue, not a car issue. This was confirmed when I did a factory reset of my device, which allowed the blue tooth link to work for all of 2 weeks. As soon as I used Google maps, the problem resurfaced. It's a software issue. Please send a fix.

0 Likes
Tofast4u97
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I've taken my car to the dealer and all software (bluetooth included) is up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tofast4u97-

I am saddened to learn you are having a car bluetooth issue with your new phone. I know I would be frustrated specially if it is a brand new device. Let's get to the bottom of this concern. Do you have the same issue with other Bluetooth devices? Has any new applications being downloaded before this issue began? I look forward to working with you soon.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

vdastoli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also am having identical issues with my galaxy s6.  I have brought my car to the dealer and the car is fine.  In fact I can have two phones connected at once an IPHONE and my s6.  Iphone NEVER has a problem.  S6 is constantly connecting and disconnecting during calls and making it very difficult to carry on a conversation causing me to have to pick me up my phone while driving.

This needs to get fixed.  It is a software issue with the phone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have bluetooth connections when traveling in your car, vdastoli1. Have you verified that your car’s bluetooth system is compatible with your phone model? Is the phone up to date, as well as the bluetooth system in the car?
StevenG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes