Bluetooth connections suddenly don't work. Moto Ultra
dg43
Enthusiast - Level 3

Until two days ago, I could connect my phone to my Prius or to my home phone via Bluetooth.  It worked great for the months I have owned the Ultra.  Yesterday, Bluetooth quit working on either system.  I can get my wife's Samsung Brightside to connect just fine to Prius or home phone.  Can't find how to delete the Bluetooth connection on the Ultra although I can do so on the Brightside, Prius and home phone.  Is anyone else having same problem?  I tried to do a system upgrade but am told it isn't connected via Wi-fi (although the phone's wi-fi indicator is maxed out).  Strange things happening with this otherwise excellent phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bluetooth connections suddenly don't work.  Moto Ultra
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted dg43. This is definitely odd but if you're able to sync after using Safe Mode or while in Safe Mode, this indicates a problem with third party content. If this is the case, you will need to back up your information and complete a factory reset, then use as new.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth connections suddenly don't work. Moto Ultra
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dg43,

Great question! Try pressing and holding on the bluetooth connection. When you do this it should give you the option of deleting the bluetooth. Once that is done I suggest that you power cycle the device and try repairing the device. Please keep us posted as to if that works.

RobinD_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dg43
Enthusiast - Level 3

Only solution I found was to turn the phone off and back on.  This results in an automatic sync to the bluetooth device.  It is happening about once a month now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the details, dg43. Can you advise me of the software version that you currently have on your Droid Ultra? http://vz.to/WIKf3o
We want a more permanent solution.
Also, please check the connection while Safe Mode is active. http://vz.to/WIKhIF

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dg43
Enthusiast - Level 3

System version is now 21.11.21.obake_verizon.Verizon.en.US

I will attempt to put it in Safe mode once it will not sync.  Problem is, only way to put in Safe mode is to reboot which resolves the problem.  Also, it is intermittent, so I don't want to keep my phone in Safe mode for weeks until it happens.

It may be the Bluetooth cordless phone that is the problem.  I also sync via Bluetooth with my car and have not had this problem.

Don

Personal info removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying Safe Mode, dg43! How did that work for you? Perhaps we can try to have the software team test this with the Bluetooth cordless phone to see if they can duplicate the problem.

What cordless phone are you using?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dg43
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tamara:

The Moto Ultra did not sync last evening when I got home so I shut it down to Safe Mode and turned it back on again. It synced right up. I then shut down the Moto Ultra to normal mode and turned it back on. It synced right away.

The Bluetooth cordless phone we are using is a Panasonic KX-TG7641. There are also times the 2010 Prius does not sync with the Moto Ultra, but I think it is because the Moto is still connected to the Panasonic. I can get it to sync from the Prius without turning either off. The Panasonic is an older phone and no longer available. I am not anxious to replace it as I have five cordless extensions off it. This allows me to have full coverage in the house (even the basement) without having to carry my cell around from room to room.

Don

0 Likes
dg43
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tamara:

Phone did not sync again today. I pressed the button to get the menu to put it in safe mode and it synced with the Panasonic. I also found how to get to the Bluetooth app so I can stop processes and see if I can find one that works.

Don

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted dg43. This is definitely odd but if you're able to sync after using Safe Mode or while in Safe Mode, this indicates a problem with third party content. If this is the case, you will need to back up your information and complete a factory reset, then use as new.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
dg43
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, but it is just not worth the hassle of doing a factory reset.

Don

0 Likes