Bluetooth Pairing with Microsoft Sync - Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD
Werica

After the upgrade of my father-in-law's phone to KitKat (v 4.4.2) the bluetooth pairing to his Microsoft Sync in a 2013 Ford Explorer no longer works right. After deleting the pairing on the vehicle and then repairing, the contacts do not copy over. It says "downloading contacts, please wait" then comes back a few seconds later saying "no contacts". I've deleted and recreated the pairing on the vehicle twice but I cannot seem to delete it in the displayed devices on the phone.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth Pairing with Microsoft Sync - Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it can be very convenient to have a hands free system in your car Werica. I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties after your update. Have you lost all functionality with the hands free system in the car? Have you been able to test the device with other bluetooth accessories?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Werica

Ironically the Bluetooth features of the phone are still working. It is still paired with the vehicle but the contacts do not come over. I cannot remove the pairing on the phone. I thought that I would start over by deleting the pairing and recreating it. No luck. Do you have any ideas?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming Werica. I'm pleased to hear that the bluetooth functionality is still working. This sounds more specific to the hands free bluetooth system in your vehicle. Have you been able to test the device with another vehicle or another bluetooth capable accessory? If the device will works successfully with the others, I apologize our control is limited with a specific vehicle.

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes