Blank SMS Messages
billyd380

I have an Eris and it seems to Send out blank SMS messages randomly.  It seems to happen after I send a message to someone.  It will send a blank one to that person or someone I had recently sent one to.  Anyone else have this issue or know if there is a fix?  My wife has an Eris too and she has the same issue, can't figure out what would be causing it.  

Thanks,

Bill

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blank SMS Messages
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Does this happen every time either of you text on every text?  there is a known issue around sending blank text messages:

Blank SMS Sent Autonomously: The ADR6200 will send out a blank SMS message to an address that inadvertently had a blank SMS sent to it. The blank message will be sent whenever the device is powered off then on.
Short term work around: Customer will need to delete the blank message(s) in their Undelivered messages folder. The messages can be identified by a Applications tab next to the message.
Planned Resolution: A fix for this issue will be included in a maintenance release of software for this device. The target date for the next release of software is December 2009.

0 Likes
billyd380

No its not every time and I did notice that it does do it when I or my wife will turn off our phones.  I did hear about the maintenance release in December so I will wait for that and see if it helps.  Thanks for the answer and confirming that it isn't anything we are doing.

Thanks Again,

Bill

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

I would suggest giving customer service a call and telling them you're phone is sending multiple text messages.  we can clear a log on our end that might and I emphasize might help if it has anything to do with our system.

0 Likes