Been Droid User for Years - Disappointed in Voice Search
chrisdr

Just moved to Droid 3.  Can't believe Voice Search dials +1 and VZW can't place the call.    I've never been an iPhone user so I don't know if the apps are better there,  but you'd think Verizon and Google would be on the same page re: voice command results presenting a number that can be called over the Verizon Network.  Sort of like getting power windows in a car and them not working in my car's model...but they work elsewhere.   Hard to believe......   Maybe the iPhone does the same thing???

Another disappointment:  Voice Command for Text Message always put the person's name in the body of the message  and not in the "TO" section...but that's clearly a Google issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Been Droid User for Years - Disappointed in Voice Search
Wildman
Legend

chrisdr wrote:

Just moved to Droid 3.  Can't believe Voice Search dials +1 and VZW can't place the call.    I've never been an iPhone user so I don't know if the apps are better there,  but you'd think Verizon and Google would be on the same page re: voice command results presenting a number that can be called over the Verizon Network.  Sort of like getting power windows in a car and them not working in my car's model...but they work elsewhere.   Hard to believe......   Maybe the iPhone does the same thing???

The +1 option is facebooks issue, the server imports the numbers and add the +1 that causes the issue

Another disappointment:  Voice Command for Text Message always put the person's name in the body of the message  and not in the "TO" section...but that's clearly a Google issue.

To be honest I havent found any voice apps that works perfectly for everyone, I use it all the time but never input the contacts names in the TO: area but all messages are usually almost spot on.

0 Likes
chrisdr

Not a facebook issue....I'm not a Facebook user.

0 Likes
techjunkie64

You've never signed into facebook?  If you've activated the facebook app, at ALL, it will (by default) sync all of your contact from facebook, and pull in that info.

If not, check your google contacts and make sure you don't have a 1 in the phone number listed there.

I've never had a problem with a 1 being placed in the phone number.

0 Likes
chrisdr

Issue has nothing to do with my contacts, Facebook, gmail contacts, etc.  

When I submit a command to call someone in my Outlook contacts list...all works fine.

Here's an example of the issue: 

Example:   Command to call   Publix in ABC, Texas.    The system finds Publix in ABC, Texas just fine.   If there are more Publix's in ABC, Texas....the phone presents the eligible entries.  In the case where only one entry is found,  the system dials the number.  In the instance where multiple entries are found,  the phone presents the choices and the user selects the preferred site to call.    The issue is.....when the search results are passed to the dialer.....it passes the phone number with the +1.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

chrisdr wrote:

Hello chrisdr!

I'm sure the issues you are experiencing with your Droid 3 are annoying at times.  I am happy to assist.

After doing some research, not seeing either of these as known issues with this device.  I would like to suggest one last troubleshooting step to eliminate any possible software issues with the phone; hard reset.  Please ensure your data is backed up prior to performing the reset.

Please let us know how this works out for you.

0 Likes