Battery
Debwallace

I have only had my Droid for 3 months and something strange has happened at least 4 times. The day after I completely charged my battery, I will look and my phone will have a blinking red light showing very low battery. In that 24 hours, I may have only made 2 calls and looked up something on line once. Definitely not enough for the battery to be that low.  I charge my battery and it will be "normal" for a while. What could be draining my battery that badly?

Also, I have trouble with the mute button. Right in the middle of a call, the person I'm talking to will say hello-hello. I will look at my phone screen and I will be on the home screen or sometimes the lock screen. I can then unlock the phone, hit the phone icon and be able to continue my conversation. Most of the people I talk to know to just wait it out and I will find them again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Battery
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Debwallace wrote:

I have only had my Droid for 3 months and something strange has happened at least 4 times. The day after I completely charged my battery, I will look and my phone will have a blinking red light showing very low battery. In that 24 hours, I may have only made 2 calls and looked up something on line once. Definitely not enough for the battery to be that low.  I charge my battery and it will be "normal" for a while. What could be draining my battery that badly?

Also, I have trouble with the mute button. Right in the middle of a call, the person I'm talking to will say hello-hello. I will look at my phone screen and I will be on the home screen or sometimes the lock screen. I can then unlock the phone, hit the phone icon and be able to continue my conversation. Most of the people I talk to know to just wait it out and I will find them again.

if you have your gps, sync, "use wireless network", or "background data" activated, these will drain your battery fast.  only use these features when you use the market (background data) or use your gps (gps and "use wireless network).

if your phone is still discharging fast then you have a bad battery issue.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Occasionally I have run into situations where an application has a problem that causes it to use excessive amounts of power. From the home screen touch Menu->Settings->About phone->Battery use. If you see an application with a high percentage (>5%), that could be the cause of the power drain. In this case you may want to kill or force close that application.

0 Likes
man54
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had similar problem within 30 days of purchase. I went to the Verizon company store in my area and they tested the battery.  It was bad and they indicated bad batteries was a known issue.  Perhaps a bad batch of batteries?  New battery fixed my problem.  Good luck.

0 Likes