Battery problems with Droid Razr M
missy1921

Over the last 2 weeks my droid Razr M has lost battery power. It appears that my screen is using anywhere from 42% to 55% power. I have had a "soft" update done at the store and that lasted about 2 hours. My screen is on auto batterty saving mode, and dims after 30 seconds. I generally use my phone for texts, limited calling and occasionally checking my email. I have not downloaded anythig lately. Up to this point my battery life has been good.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery problems with Droid Razr M
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Keep your screen lighting to no higher than 20-25% and do a normal reboot again. Next try to rebuild your battery by doing the following:  

Li-ion batteries needs to have a rebuild charge from time to time. Give this a try, Do a full 6-8 hour charge with device in sleep mode, next run it down to about 45-50 % and then a 4-5 hour charge. After that use your device and take it down to 30%. Another 6-8 hour charge and then down to no lower then 20-25% and one more full 8 hour charge. At that point your battery should be rebuilt back to a normal life cycle. This should eliminate a short battery life if all is working normal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Keep your screen lighting to no higher than 20-25% and do a normal reboot again. Next try to rebuild your battery by doing the following:  

Li-ion batteries needs to have a rebuild charge from time to time. Give this a try, Do a full 6-8 hour charge with device in sleep mode, next run it down to about 45-50 % and then a 4-5 hour charge. After that use your device and take it down to 30%. Another 6-8 hour charge and then down to no lower then 20-25% and one more full 8 hour charge. At that point your battery should be rebuilt back to a normal life cycle. This should eliminate a short battery life if all is working normal.

0 Likes
missy1921

What is sleep mode?

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Phone would not be in real time active working mode,  making calls, web use, camera and many other phone uses. Device would be in an on condition and able to work, but not being used, dark screen, sleep mode as in charging overnight. hope this helps   Smiley Happy

0 Likes
missy1921

Thank You. I will give this a try.

0 Likes