Re: Battery issues with Kyocera Brigadier after system update
Spanishmackerel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here...after deleting the account from the native email app, battery life seems normal again. Need a fix for this!

Additionally, for whatever reason every time I've rebooted the phone, the chrome app does load until I first delete it from the task manager screen. After that it seems to work great.

0 Likes
gburke837
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was in the same boat as most of you.  I always charged my Brigadier over night and it usually had 40-50 % charge when I plugged it in.  The day after my 5.1.1 upgrade I had to recharge by lunch time.  It was clearly the email app eating up the battery.  I've spent over a week searching this board plus numerous others.  Lots of Android users are complaining about this.  I have 4 e-mail accounts on my phone.  Two gmail accounts and two pop3 Roadrunner accounts.  I didn't realize until yesterday that you can add multiple accounts to the Gmail app on the phone, including pop3 or IMAP.  I deleted the 4 accounts from the native app I had always used and added them all to the Gmail app.  I also cleared the data and cache from the native app.  Right now, my phone has been off the charger for 3 hours and I'm sitting at 98% charge.  I think I may have resolved my battery drain problem. 

0 Likes
SwitchgrassFarmer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great suggestion gburke837.  I added my pop email to the Gmail app and deleted the native app.   Keeping my fingers crossed!

Only gripe was there didn't seem to be a way to copy the messages out of my sent folder for the native app, Googling that issue shows there is apparently no way to do that, it's a long standing feature request.

0 Likes
gburke837
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm betting you will be happy, other than the sent mail issue.  Can't help there.  Right now it has been 12 hours since I took my phone off charge and I have 77% power left.  I've probably made a half dozen calls and listened to Pandora for 2-3 hours.  I don't have anything to complain about now.  I've had wifi and bluetooth running all day and I had turned them off before trying to save power.  I may even be better off than before the upgrade. 

onea50
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanted to thank you for coming up with a work around.  The gmail fixed the battery usage andmy phone is working normally again