Battery issues since Galaxy S5 update
scoob2215
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the Galaxy S5 update the power saving and ultra power saving options have been poor.  My battery is dying quicker.  What did this update do to these great options?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery issues since Galaxy S5 update
Klue
Master - Level 1

If this update is already on your phone doing a hard/factory reset will not remove the update. You will put your phone back to factory condition except that it will have the new update. A factory reset could correct your problem with the battery.

View solution in original post

Ksu1986
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also had the same issues - downloaded the update and immediately my battery wouldn't hold a charge.  The phone also got extremely hot.  Called Verizon and they went through the motions of them trouble shooting.  They finally sent me a reconditioned phone since mine was still under warranty.  Now the new phone wants to download the KitKat update and I just keep putting it off.

Glad to know it wasn't just my issue and this is happening to others.

scoob2215
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I just did the update 2 days ago.  I've had the phone on the UPS mode and the battery has gone down over 10% in less than an hour.  It's unacceptable from what it was.

scoob2215
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, to add to this, terrible update.  Since I've had my phone in the UItra Power Saving Mode, my phone has been running none stop scans.  Why i don't know, my scans are scheduled for Mondays.  I'm pretty sure that today is Tuesday.  Honestly what the hell happened with this update???  Can someone answer that???

scoob2215
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support have you had any other complaints about this update like this or am I the only one?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scoob2215,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your battery dying quickly. What types of things are you using your phone for? Do you have the most recent software version on  your phone? http://vz.to/1uo5EN1

StevenR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scoob2215
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I just had the most recent update.  As of 2 days ago when I was asked to update the phone.  I am doing the usual activites of texting, little game and little internet.  However, before this update I did the same things with the regular power saving mode, and the phone lasted all day, now its not last even 1/2 the day.  And now with the Ultra Power Saving mode on, the battery dies even faster:  one because for god foresaken reason the anti virus is scanning all the time and the other reason is I don't know.  This update did something with these options that killed two of the aspects that made this phone great.

AmandaReine
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am so disappointed. This update has destroyed my phone. The battery lasts for about 3 - 4 hours, and that's with me not even using it while I am at work with the network shut down to prevent it from looking for signal. It also now takes FOREVER to charge. I was in love with the fact that this phone charged so quickly.

So disappointing....

scoob2215
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you 100%.  You can shut off the WiFi and Mobile Data and it still dies way too fast and easy.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi scoob2215!

Thanks for clarifying, we'll get this figured out! Since the update have you had an opportunity to complete a factory reset? Have you recently downloaded any new applications?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes