Battery getting used up sooner than before.
darren-donovan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Settings > Application Magager > Running

This screenshot shows all the apps that are under the "Running" slider mark. I never need all those apps running all the time. I thought that by closing an app, it stops, but apparently not, they still run in the background. For example, I see Amazon running for 121:37:27, that's over 2 hours! Screenshot_2013-01-15-10-48-49.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Battery getting used up sooner than before.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? It wasn’t specified in your post.

Also 121:37:27 is actually 5 days 1 hour 37 minutes 27 seconds.

Are you force closing the applications? Please stop if you are. If this is a new phone, the phone is still working out which applications you use and don't use. If the phone needs the resources, it will close the cached processes to make room for the next application/process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
darren-donovan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I'm using the Note 2.

Are you saying that those apps listed are not using that much battery power, and I should just leave them alone, don't force close them? Is it bad if I force close? I've had the phone since November 29, 2012.

Thanks,

0 Likes
mary65here

If it isn't good to force close applications, how do yu delete the ones you don't use & never will?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your phone is running Android 4.0 and higher, you can disable the applications you don't use through Settings > Apps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No they are not using battery. For a more detailed explanation, search for other similar discussions asking the same question. Tidbits explains it much better than I ever could.

0 Likes
mary65here

Do have a link to Tidbits ...this is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

>

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes