Battery drain and other major issues since Android OS Update
Couldbeanything

Got the Android system update pushed to my phone last night.  These are the issues I am having now:

1. Major battery drain - I can literally watch the battery draining over the course of several minutes.  No background apps running, either.  Within 10 minutes, I have gone from 33% to 28%.

2. Fitbit and Garmin will not sync unless I turn on location services.  Both of these devices should be syncing throughout the day and are done over bluetooth.  I should not need to turn on my location in order for this to happen.

3. None of my Amazon Prime Offline playlists will play now.  I keep getting an error stating "Something wen wrong trying to play this song from your SD card."  I don't believe the card is going bad, since I can view and manipulate files and play other music files from the card through the Music app.  The only way I can now listen to my Amazon playlists is to stream them through the cloud, which is obviously not going to happen.

These are all apps I use multiple times daily with no problems until the system update pushed last night.  All of these apps are kept up to date.  I can't undo the update to bring back the functionality, but I can't exist without these apps functioning properly.

Are there any solutions or are there some new settings that need to be activated?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Battery drain and other major issues since Android OS Update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well first off, you can exist. It's just a phone. Second of all, after a software update, a full device reset is always recommended to clear out any bugs, and you wanna update any and all apps thru your App Store.

Couldbeanything

Sorry, I have an LG V10.  This is my first LG smart phone (previous Samsung owner) so I am not as familiar with the brand but should be very similar since its the same operating system.

Again, the apps have been updated and I did multiple reboots after the update.  I should not need to factory reset my device, then re-download and re-login to all my pages of apps in order for them work after an update, especially since all the apps are up to date.

Just wondering if these are known issues after the update or if others are having similar problems, and if so, has anyone found a solution?  Or is there even a resolution to be had?

Thanks very much.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can try a system cache clear first instead of a factory reset.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bill-e

Droid turbo 2 battery drain pretty bad after update.  Cache cleared.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you completing the steps provided by the community member bill_enh. Allow us to help as well with your battery drain issue. Here's a link with some more steps to implement. http://spr.ly/6588BiJts Once we get the battery issue resolved then we can move to the other concerns in your previous post.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bill-e

Verizon, your referenced support page lists general power saving tips.  What we are reporting is excessive battery use AFTER installing Marshmallow 6.0 which was supposed to make battery usage better, not worse.  Something is broken.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

TThen it's time for a hard reset or you can always send the phone to the manufacturer for repair.

0 Likes
Couldbeanything

I cleared the cache and my battery is still dropping very quickly.  I'm getting less than 8 hours per charge. Battery usage percentages indicate nothing out of the ordinary, and nothing different than pre-Marshmallow update.  Still have to turn on location services to sync my Garmin and Fitbit, and still can't use my Amazon Prime music.  Uninstalled and reinstalled these particular apps, which resolved nothing.  Saying a factory reset is the only way to resolve the issue is like telling someone the only way to fix a computer is to reformat the hard drive -  not acceptable.  We need to get to the root of the issue, not just wipe out the contents of a phone and start over.  VERIZON - what has changed in the OS that would require location services to be turned on in order to Bluetooth sync a fitness tracker?  Also, what is causing the sudden battery drain after OS update?  Would really appreciate some help here.... thank you.

0 Likes