Battery Woes
SoCal64
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got the HTC Droid Eris a few days ago.   I really do enjoy the phone a great deal but the battery life makes things very painful.  I installed the Advanced Task Killer for pwr management. 

I'm not sure if I can cope with the poor battery life.  I make sure WiFi and Bluetooth are off when i'm not using them. Does anyone have any tips or advice to increase battery life?

If I did return this phone (+restocking fee) it would be for this reason alone.  I love the features and functions even at Droid 1.5....I can't wait for 2.1.  I've been tempted to flash the phone with the leaked 2.1 but I think that might void the 30 day return policy...LOL. 

There's not much point having a "mobile" phone if it needs to be tethered to the charger half the time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Battery Woes
RAYMON
Enthusiast - Level 1

What battery life time are you seeing? I get about 5 hours of steady use (in SoCAl).

0 Likes
Re: Battery Woes
SoCal64
Enthusiast - Level 3

On average about 4.5 hours with 1 bar of battery remaining.  Is that normal? I realize that the surfing and apps use a lot of juice but even the Iphone gets better air time than that.l

0 Likes