Battery Life & changing tone notifications
kiersysmom

Had my Droid for about a week.  Love it but battery life is horrible.  I have turned off GPS, and download the task killer app. that was suggested, but I am still not getting very long usage.  When I first got it I charged it till it said it was fully charged.  I have read some blogs where people charged all night ?  I understand we are using a mini laptop and will drain usage, but I would like to get more than a couple hours out of battery life when I am not even using it that much !  Any suggestions ??

Also I can't seem to get my notification sounds changed when I receive texts, it seems to be stuck on the default setting of saying "droid" when I get a text and I want this changed. I have gone into sound settings but it still keeps defaulting back ??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Battery Life & changing tone notifications
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

kiersysmom wrote:

Had my Droid for about a week.  Love it but battery life is horrible.  I have turned off GPS, and download the task killer app. that was suggested, but I am still not getting very long usage.  When I first got it I charged it till it said it was fully charged.  I have read some blogs where people charged all night ?  I understand we are using a mini laptop and will drain usage, but I would like to get more than a couple hours out of battery life when I am not even using it that much !  Any suggestions ??

Also I can't seem to get my notification sounds changed when I receive texts, it seems to be stuck on the default setting of saying "droid" when I get a text and I want this changed. I have gone into sound settings but it still keeps defaulting back ??

setting>Location&security>Use wireless networks (and use GPS satellites), disable both

setting>accounts&sync>background data, disable (this one will actually tell you that you will save battery life by turning it off

setting>privacy>use my location, disable

when you use your gps, run some apps, or browse the market, you will need these on but when you arent using them, turn them off

download the power widget, you can turn off some of these items just with a simple click. you can also control the brightness level, turn off the brightness when you can like indoors.

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life & changing tone notifications
T-ROCK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Try turning your screen timeout to 15 or 30 seconds instead of the default minute, also be sure your bluetooth and wifi are off. Also when you go to settings, about phone, and battery use it will tell you what is using up your battery the most.

To change your notification, go to messaging, hit the menu button, settings, scroll down and there will be notification settings

0 Likes