Battery Life AWFUL since update!!!!
turtle2bud
Enthusiast - Level 2

My battery goes from 100% at 7:00am to 0% by 11:30am since the Lollipop update. Does anyone have any suggestions? It is really frustrating!!!!! I loved this phone until I got this update. My son and daughter have the same phone, and their battery life is doing the same thing. We have done everything that is says to reserve your battery life. HELP PLZ!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery Life AWFUL since update!!!!
CM_Wells
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would consider doing a Factory Reset if I were you. The OS should not be sucking up the life of the phone; on my S5 the OS is usually down at the bottom of the battery usage. Of course I did a Factory Reset to fix a few other small issues and now the OS is up toward the top so I need to do another one. In your case I don't think the situation can get any worse.

Just remember to back up all your important files, documents, pictures, videos etc. etc. before doing a factory reset.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Which phone is it?

Can you look under settings>battery and relay what the top 5 apps are and what % they are using.

0 Likes
turtle2bud
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is a Samsung Galaxy S5. Attached is a screen shot of my battery usage ...

Christi Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S5 smartphone

0 Likes
turtle2bud
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry I attached a picture but didn't realize it would not attach.

Top 5 battery usage is..

1. Android OS 26%

2. Android System 16%

3. Screen 10%

4. Facebook 4%

5. Cell Standby 3%

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

turtle2bud, Having your battery drain so rapidly can be extremely frustrating. We are here to help. Describe how you are closing your applications and how often.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
turtle2bud
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it is extremely frustrating!!! Specially when I have to charge my phone 3 times in 1 day. I have bought new batteries. I close my apps immediately after using then.

CM_Wells
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would consider doing a Factory Reset if I were you. The OS should not be sucking up the life of the phone; on my S5 the OS is usually down at the bottom of the battery usage. Of course I did a Factory Reset to fix a few other small issues and now the OS is up toward the top so I need to do another one. In your case I don't think the situation can get any worse.

Just remember to back up all your important files, documents, pictures, videos etc. etc. before doing a factory reset.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I would disabled backup and restore of apps and app data as well when doing a FDR.  This will prevent Kit Kat apps not optimized for Lollipop to install fresh without conflicts.

0 Likes
CM_Wells
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would first try it without doing that. I wasn't experiencing battery drain issue before my factory reset where I disabled app data backup and restore, but afterwards is when my OS was the number 1 battery usage. However it did fix a couple of my other issues.

If it doesn't work, then I'd go in and disable it. Or if you experience any other glitches afterwards not related to the battery.

I should point out that obviously I can't pin point disabling those two things as the cause of my OS draining my battery as I haven't gone back in and done a factory reset while NOT disabling. To me it is just worth a try; especially if you have apps that don't back up to anywhere and don't want to loose that information like I did.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Restart the phone in Recovery mode and run in Recovery for 24 hours. See if the battery issue is gone.  If it is gone then it is an app issue and you would need to track down the app causing it.

If it is still present, then I would start with a Cache Wipe run it for a day or two then if it is still doing it then do the Factory Data Reset as a last resort.