Bad battery on Droid Razr M???
jiffy61

Hello, i upgraded to a droid razr m a couple weeks ago and it is my first smartphone. I noticed that after playing say angry birds for 5 minutes my battery percent went down 2 percent. so i checked on the battery in the setting and it only said 4H  0M 27S on battery. Ive seen screenshots where people have had days on there battery and I only have 4 hours? I need some help here

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bad battery on Droid Razr M???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jiffy61, congratulations on the new phone! That device is great! There is a couple of things you should know about the battery. Your particular usage will affect how long you can go before recharging your battery. Playing games, running applications, and surfing the Web increase the power use of the computer-like functions of the DROID RAZR. Calling and texting utilize its phone functions. Depending on your use mix, time between charges will vary.

Here are a few tips:

•It may take several charging cycles for your battery to reach optimum performance.
•If your device is completely discharged, it may take several minutes for the device to begin charging.
•Ensure you are using a Motorola specific charger. Other chargers might take longer to charge your battery, or cause your calls to fail during charging.

Tips to extend battery life:

•During initial set up of your Google and social networking account, your phone's battery may drain faster than usual due to the amount of data transferred. After the initial sync, and a few charging cycles, your battery will reach its maximum capacity.We strongly recommend to keep the phone attached to the charger during the initial sync.

•See where you power is going: Tap Home > Menu > Settings > Battery information > Battery use.

•When setting the phone down after use, quickly press the power key to invoke a blank screen. Selecting a shorter back light duration will also help conserve power by blanking the screen when not in use.

•Lower the display brightness. Set Brightness to Automatic or low: Tap Apps > Settings > Display > Brightness

•Set Screen timeout less then 1 minute: Tap Apps > Settings > Display > Screen Timeout

•Turn animation off: Tap Apps > Settings > Display > Animation > No animation

•Turn off GPS when not in use. Active GPS can take a lot of power. Exit from navigation apps when not in use. Tap Apps > Settings > Location & Security > Uncheck Standalone GPS services.
Tip: You can add a power control widget to your home screen to toggle GPS on/off quickly.

•Turn WiFi off when not in use : Tap Apps > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Uncheck Wi-Fi.
Tip: You can add a power control widget to your home screen to toggle Wi-Fi on/off quickly.

•Turn Bluetooth off when not in use: Tap Apps > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Uncheck Bluetooth
Tip: You can add a power control widget to your home screen to toggle Bluetooth on/off quickly.

•Applications which uses battery power: Certain streaming Music, Music Players, Talk, Video Chat, Navigation, Weather, and Map apps. widgets and live wallpapers, are notorious battery drainers. In addition certain Facebook, Twitter, Email and other apps that constantly sync over the internet can reduce your battery life. We recommend you use the Motorola task manager application. Task Managers let you monitor how apps use memory and processing power and identify apps that are using too many resources.

•Reboot your phone If you are getting only a few hours of battery life or your phone is running slow, it is probably not your phone. An app or widget is probably the cause. Restart your phone to clear background apps: Press and hold the power button > Tap Power off. Then turn the phone back on. Daily reboots can help keep rogue apps from taking battery life.

•Use the AC adapter to charge your phone whenever possible.

•Ensure you do not have have duplicate email accounts. Duplicate email account will drain battery life. To check for duplicate email accounts, touch > My Accounts > Advanced set up and ensure there are no duplicates. To remove an account, touch the account > Menu > Remove account.

•Use Android Power Control Widgets to easily manage your connections. Toggle Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS on or off as needed. These can be placed on your home screen by selecting an open area of your screen and selecting them individually or using the Android Power Control Widget.

•Clear all notifications from the notification bar as much as possible.

•We suggest charging each night so you start the day fully charged and ready to go!

I hope this helps.^SP

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Most games, especially graphically intensive ones use battery quickly. To get a real idea of your battery use, what percentage was left after that 4 hrs, and what was your screen on time?

0 Likes
xsplat

My Razr M was doing the same thing. It took me a while but I finally fixed mine by going in to the seting/ go to all settings/ Battery my media was using almost 60% of my battery.  I used the force shut down option now I am only using only 4% over 3 1/2 hrs where I was using about 15% an hour before.

0 Likes
Mrbnsu

I was having problems with my battery also, and found a way to get much more battery life. I average about 15 hours perday when before i was getting less than 8 hours.  Open up your smart actions and create a battery saver action.  The trigger is (charging status changes).  The action is (adjust background data.)  Under adjust background data, select (only when i use that app) which saves the most battery life.  then press the save button and turn on this new smart action.  You will notice that the 4g LTE at the top of your screen will change from blue to white.  You can still use your data, and this seems to use a lot leads battery.  If you plan on using an app that requires using a lot of data like google maps or you tube, you may to turn the smart action off to improve how fast data transfers.  This has helped relieve a lot of frustration about battery life for me.

0 Likes