Backup+ contacts
drar2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi.

I need some help. Before I fully explored my phone and realized what Backup+  was, it backed up all of my contacts.  I (think) I have since turned it off, but it still has my contact list.  Since I already backup my contacts with Outlook, I don't want to have a second backup that might get outdated. Is there a way for me to get into the contacts Backup+ has and delete them all?  I want to keep just one contact backup.

Also, is there a way to disable Backup+ Media? It won't let me do it through the settings on my phone, and I can't do it on the Verizon website.

Thank you

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup+ contacts
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

drar2011 wrote:

Hmmm, it's still not working. I click on My Verizon, click on my phone (I have 2 phones and 1 tablet on this plan), click More Options in the left column, Manage Contacts....

It sounds to me like you are logging in to an account attached to a line that does NOT have backup assistant set up.  Are you logging in as the account owner?  Is your phone the primary phone?  Just logging in and clicking on your phone does NOT connect you with the Myverizon account linked to your phone number.  Confusing, yes - but it does makes sense.  One line is the "primary line" - logging in with that number/account info lets you see activity and make changes to all the lines on the account.  BUT, you cannot access backup assistant or media info for the other phones from that login.

Each line needs it's own login and password to access THAT LINE's contacts and Backup information.  If you haven't created a MyVerizon for your number, then close out of MyVerizon, clear cookies and cache (or use a different browser entirely), go to Verizonwireless.com and REGISTER with your phone number.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Log into your on-line MyVerizon account and you can delete your contacts from Backup Assistant.

If your phone has Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean operating system, you can disable Backup+ Media via Manage Apps.

0 Likes
drar2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi tikibar1,

Thanks for responding, much appreciated. But I still don't know how to get to Backup Assistant in my on-line MyVerizon account. The only options I see are to turn the service back on or sign up for it. I do not see a specific way to get into Backup Assistant.  Is it possibly because I am on the AllShare plan?

Thanks again.

0 Likes
drar2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm thinking about this some more and may this will clarify why I am not seeing Backup Assistant.  It was originally running on my phone, that's when it synced all of my contacts. So I turned it off. Do I have to turn it back on to get into it to clear my contacts, then turn it off again?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you log into your on-line MyVerizon account, you should see a blue Manage My Contacts; click on that and it should bring up your contacts.

0 Likes
drar2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmmm, it's still not working. I click on My Verizon, click on my phone (I have 2 phones and 1 tablet on this plan), click More Options in the left column, Manage Contacts. Then it brings me to the info page on Backup Assistant Plus where at the top it has a button Subscribe Now. If I scroll down the page there is a button Manage Contacts, when I click that it just opens another tab for the Backup Assistant Plus page. I know Backup Asst. is still active on my phone because it synced again last night.

Should I go through the Subscribe Now process like I am setting it up from the start?

Thanks

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like the contacts never got backed up, doesn't it?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

drar2011 wrote:

Hmmm, it's still not working. I click on My Verizon, click on my phone (I have 2 phones and 1 tablet on this plan), click More Options in the left column, Manage Contacts....

It sounds to me like you are logging in to an account attached to a line that does NOT have backup assistant set up.  Are you logging in as the account owner?  Is your phone the primary phone?  Just logging in and clicking on your phone does NOT connect you with the Myverizon account linked to your phone number.  Confusing, yes - but it does makes sense.  One line is the "primary line" - logging in with that number/account info lets you see activity and make changes to all the lines on the account.  BUT, you cannot access backup assistant or media info for the other phones from that login.

Each line needs it's own login and password to access THAT LINE's contacts and Backup information.  If you haven't created a MyVerizon for your number, then close out of MyVerizon, clear cookies and cache (or use a different browser entirely), go to Verizonwireless.com and REGISTER with your phone number.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
drar2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just don't know. I got a notification on my phone this morning that said 'Backup Assistant successfully synced 201 contacts', so something is still happening.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Note SuzyQ's comments ... it sounds like your number isn't the primary line (my mistake in assuming that it was earlier).  If that's the case, you'll need to set up a new MyVerizon account for your line so that you can view your Back Up Assistant by clicking on Manage Contacts.

0 Likes