Backup Assistant
mauicarlson

My Backup assistant stopped working in December of 2012, about the time I added the Cloud.  I have an android OS with a Samsung phone.  My wife's phone still runs backup on a regular basis.  How can I fix backup for my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's fix this mauicarlson! Are you referring to Verizon Cloud? Which Android Samsung device do you have? Do you have your contacts backed up via your Gmail email address as well? Please share more details so I may further assist. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You are so much better off by leaving Backup Assistant turned off and even disabling it all together then getting it fixed. Your phone can and will back up all of your contacts ACCURATELY as opposed to Backup Assistant that mixes things up and combines contacts etc... or even does NOT back up the contact. I go to great efforts to block Backup Assistant on every new phone I get and have never had an issue with losing a contact even with Factory Data Resets.  The nice thing with using Google or Gmail is if you do an FDR or replace your phone, when you log into the new device the first time you sign into Google,, and the contacts automatically load.

Another thing and the main reason I do NOT use Backup Assistant is that it is a Data HOG.  My initial Data usage was over 2 GB per month. As soon as I disabled Backup Assistant, my Data usage went down to under .5 GB per month.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Just need to make sure the contacts are being saved as Google contacts, not just phone contacts.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Exactly. Thank you for adding that. I left it out.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Yeah, my wife made that mistake once or twice and lost a handful of contacts.

0 Likes