Backup Assistant+ annoyance
Biffster14
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I stop the Backup Assistant+ from asking me constantly to sync my phone. It asks multiple times a day and even while I'm on a call which mutes the conversation.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant+ annoyance
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings > Apps > All tab. Scroll down to Backup Assistant and select it. Clear the cache, data and force stop it.

I don't know if there is another system app that also has to be cleared too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you want it to sync at all?

Which phone do you have? There might be a way to disable it all together if you don't intend to use it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Biffster14
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I don't want to Sync at all. I have the RAZR HD.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings > Apps > All tab. Scroll down to Backup Assistant and select it. Clear the cache, data and force stop it.

I don't know if there is another system app that also has to be cleared too.

0 Likes
Biffster14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cache was empty and choice to clear was grayed out. I forced it to stop but doesn't it just start itself again?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If you'd rather go with something other than B.A. Go with Google it's allot better to work with..

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You also need to clear the data and cache off Sync Service, Force Stop it, and then disable it.

0 Likes
Biffster14
Enthusiast - Level 2

the disable bar is grayed out. When I force stop will it just stay stopped?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hopefully.  I've been able to disable it on the phones I've used, so not sure why you aren't able to. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Tiki I'll look to see if I can do it on mine.. but i will warn disabling apps can sometime cause issues in with the phone, but I'm checking to see if I can disable it..

0 Likes