Backup Assistant Plus media: 'Not authorized, run setup again' yet that doesn't fix it
ke6alv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had my replacement phone for a couple weeks.  For some reason, the Media portion of Backup Assistant Plus is not working.  I have logged into my account, and the pics and files I have backed up are still there, so it's not like there's a provisioning issue with my account.  Nor do I have an issue with my Contacts being backed up automatically every morning.  Just my Media.  The error message I receive is: "Device authorization not completed.  Please run Setup Wizard and try again".  I have done that.  Three times.  I am on my 3rd unit of this phone in as many months, and sure as heck don't want to do a factory reset and have to go through the hassle of restoring everything again!!

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Stellar...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Plus media: 'Not authorized, run setup again' yet that doesn't fix it
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how frustrating it is to deal with backup assistance issues ke6alv. This feature on your phone is very important to your peace of mind in regards to your information. I was unable to locate any known issues with this feature for your particular phone. Have you tried to remove the feature from your device and try to redownload the application? You may need a more updated version of the application. Check our google play store for an updated version and attempt to download it. Did all of your previous phone have this same issue? Please keep us posted and I hope the information above is helpful.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Plus media: 'Not authorized, run setup again' yet that doesn't fix it
ke6alv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot remove or upgrade the software because it is YOUR software that is preinstalled on the phone, not through Google Play.  I am only having an issue with this phone, not the other 2.

0 Likes