Backed up contacts on the Alias 2 with no errors, now the Backup Assistant application fails on the Galaxy S4! I CAN'T GET MY CONTACTS!
mcparent

I backed up my contacts onto the Samsung Alias 2 using Backup Assistant, everything worked fine backing up the contacts. When I received my new Galaxy S4, I activated it and opened up the Backup Assistant menu and all I get is an error when trying to restore my backed up contacts. Is there a way to get them back somehow? the "Manage Contacts" menu just brings up this "Verizon Cloud" menu where it just tells me to use Backup Assistant.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backed up contacts on the Alias 2 with no errors, now the Backup Assistant application fails on the Galaxy S4! I CAN'T GET MY CONTACTS!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also export those same contacts from Backup Assistant and then log into your Gmail account on the Web and import the contacts there.

Remove Backup Assistant from the equation altogether.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Backed up contacts on the Alias 2 with no errors, now the Backup Assistant application fails on the Galaxy S4! I CAN'T GET MY CONTACTS!
mcparent

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. I can't even find my backed up contacts on the Verizon website.

0 Likes
mcparent

The previous phone with all the contacts is not a smartphone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

mcparent wrote:

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you are trying to say. I can't even find my backed up contacts on the Verizon website.

Are you signed into your line's MyVerizon account? If your line isn't the account owner,  you can still have a MyVerizon account associated with your line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

mcparent wrote:

The previous phone with all the contacts is not a smartphone.

Doesn't matter. I used to have a Motorola W385 flip phone and I used Backup Assistant to get the contacts onto the Backup Assistant website through MyVerizon account. I exported them out and imported them into my Google/Gmail account. This was over three years ago. I haven't needed to use Backup Assistant since.

0 Likes
mcparent

It is a MyVerizon account and I am signed in, but I am not the account owner. Whenever I went to Manage Contacts, it just shoved this "Verizon Cloud" page into my face forcing me to sign up for the free 50MB, which I did, but now when I click Manage Contacts it takes me to the Cloud interface.

0 Likes
mcparent

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcparent, congratulations on your upgrade to a new Samsung Galaxy S4! That's an awesome device. First, let's check your contacts online at the Backup Assistant website, http://vz.to/WNJMeV If your contacts are not saved at our website, then you will need to reactivate that Samsung Alias 2 to complete the Backup Assistant download again.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes