Re: BEWARE! SD data deleted from Galaxy S5 when installing update _SM-G900V_NE9_TO_NI12
HangingOut

I have the exact same issue.  My Galaxy S5 was running without any problems using a 32GB HC Card in the phone, for 4 months.

After the OTA Update around Sept 24, I got all kinds of different messages about "bad card" "need to format" or it was just unable to mount with regards to the installed 32GB card.  I could read it no problem on the PC.

I then pulled this card and tired both 16GB HC  and 4GB HC. It has the same issues with the 16GB, but seems to actually run fine with the 4GB.

With the 32GB or 16GB it occasionally will mount, but will then fail minutes or hours later.  Sometimes the phone even hangs or reboots.

But this is ridiculous that this software update causes the SD Card slot to be unusable / unstable.

I would like to know if and when a solution becomes available!

Bob

0 Likes
Re: BEWARE! SD data deleted  from Galaxy S5 when installing update _SM-G900V_NE9_TO_NI12
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn of the SD card issues you are experiencing with your phone HangingOut! I had similar issues after upgrading my phone's software and I was able to resolve with a factory reset http://vz.to/1na56rR Give it a try and test, make sure to uncheck at step number 3 **very important**.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: BEWARE! SD data deleted  from Galaxy S5 when installing update _SM-G900V_NE9_TO_NI12
HangingOut

Well I can certainly factory reset the device. Although that is a problem for 2 reasons.

1) I then have to spend hours re-configuring the device back to it's current state, apps, pics, etc

2) I have read numerous comments around the web of people who have done a factory reset and it didn't help at all.

So then I go through the factory reset and then waste hours of time restoring my fine and then it still fails.

0 Likes
Re: BEWARE! SD data deleted from Galaxy S5 when installing update _SM-G900V_NE9_TO_NI12
cfwegman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did a full factory reset, spent hours reconfiguring and it had no effect.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
moabutman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Reset doesn't fix it, taking the battery and the Sim and SD card out and reinstalling doesn't fix it. These recommendations all came from Verizon and they don't work.

Verizon charges a $30 service charge when you upgrade your phone. I think verizon owes us $30 for every wrong recommendation for wasting our time!

On top of that, I am supposed to get a replacement for my S5. What do you know? They sent me an S4! Bing, another $30 to me!

Come on Verizon. Get it right. I have been a customer for around 15 years. And this is how you take care of your long time customers.

Should I shop for a replacement service?

Enough of the run around. Give us some real answers and quit wasting our time.

0 Likes
cfwegman
Enthusiast - Level 3

So far I've only been seeking a solution I online.  Nobody has yet offered me anything but basic obvious advice. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cfwegman We apologize for the issues you've had with the 5s since the update. Have you verified that the card still has your infomration on it by placing it in another device etc? If the files are still on your sd card then it is important you save any files you don't want to lose. At this time, we are not showing a fix and we can review replacement options since the reset didn't work. 

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
cfwegman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, 

I have all the information backed up onto my laptop. The SD card is clear. I'll await your instructions.

Cheers

0 Likes
cfwegman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please advise what should be my next action.  You could flag my account and I can drop by the Verizon store to do the exchange.  Let me know.

0 Likes
cfwegman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Awaiting instructions to replace my phone.

0 Likes