BACKUP ASSISTANT AND CLOUD
Wetmoref2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been told that 'Verizon Cloud' replaced 'Verizon Backup Assistant'; yet, I have both apps on my device [Droid 4]. I can't seem to keep Backup Assitant from running. Several times a day I find "Backup Assistant + Media" running along with "Google Play Services" [Updater]. One by one this pair of apps will engage every app on my phone, starting each app, running each for a bit, then placing each app in my running cache. The "Google Search" app, which I NEVER USE, it will leave running! Before the "Cloud" 'Upgrade' my Backup Assistant was set to sync recurringly from 00:00 to 06:00 and the "Backup Assistant + Media" was set to backup media file types - "NONE". I did not want that feature running. I was using it solely as a means to backup my phone contacts. Then came the "Cloud" upgrade. Then I noticed in my contacts list each entry had a double set of fields! I never looked at my contact least before the "Cloud" came along. Why are my contact fields doubled? Why is there a seperate set of fields for the "Backup Assistant"? Why does this Verizon backup feature simply not read the existing contact information? Why do I have to edit both sets of fields in order for the contact to update properly, like with new phone numbers or new addresses? Anyway, after discovering all this nonsense with the Verizon backup features, I discoverd Google can sync with my phone and backup my contacts just as I've entered them; more, I can enter my contacts information at my Google page and it will sync with my phone and load the new contact information. SO, the bottom line, the Verizon backup feature is a piece of crap AND I WANT TO REMOVE IT! I especially want to remove it now that it is engaging every damn hour and each time it is disengaging my wireless connection! HOW DO I GET RID OF THESE WORTHLESS VERIZON APPS?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BACKUP ASSISTANT AND CLOUD
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Your best bet is to change your contacts on your phone to Google Contacts which saves them to Google and backs up on the fly when you add a number etc... and disable both Verizon Cloud as well as any of the Verizon Backup Assistants you can. This will in turn save you a bunch of data and free up your phone for what you want it to do.

0 Likes
LandsEndLady

How do you change your contacts on the phone to Google Contacts?  Is the phone list the master file or is the Cloud or Backup Assistant list the master?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Depends on the phone you have or you can use the app Contact Optimizer.  The phone is the master list but with google you can update either the phone which will automatically update the Contact or you can update the contact in google and it will automatically update the phone.

0 Likes