Availability/Timeline of Lollipop for Z3V
Dirtman16
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this has been asked before, but could please provide an update on the status of a Lollipop update for the Sony Z3V?  More specifically, does Verizon have a build in house that they are testing for release?  If not, do you expect this phone to ever be updated?

Many users of this phone will consider moving on to something else if they cannot expect a reasonable support/update period for the device.  I'd prefer a response that doesn't include "updates are exciting" or "we have no information available at this time".  Just a straightforward answer to allow us to make a decision about hanging on to the device long-term.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Availability/Timeline of Lollipop for Z3V
Snn5
Legend

Unfortunately, a link to this page is about the best you can hope for on an official basis: 

Software Update: Sony Xperia Z3v | Verizon Wireless

It seems unlikely that Verizon will update this Sony handset given the last update was Jan 20, 2015 and so much time has elapsed with little to no word of any new Sony devices coming to Verizon and Sony hanging in the balance of existence themselves.  While it isn't unheard-of for older phones to get updates, they usually get them within 2 years of release, if they get an update at all.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Unfortunately, a link to this page is about the best you can hope for on an official basis: 

Software Update: Sony Xperia Z3v | Verizon Wireless

It seems unlikely that Verizon will update this Sony handset given the last update was Jan 20, 2015 and so much time has elapsed with little to no word of any new Sony devices coming to Verizon and Sony hanging in the balance of existence themselves.  While it isn't unheard-of for older phones to get updates, they usually get them within 2 years of release, if they get an update at all.

bboyd222
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree. This has been a frustrating experience.

Jeffkeefe
Enthusiast - Level 3

My old galaxy s4 had lollipop for 6 months before I got my z3v in july. VERIZON NEEDS TO STOP SLACKING AND SHIP LOLLIPOP ASAP!!!

carolmanhart1939
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon needs to put the update on auto updtate for our phones. I'm about to root my phone and get it aftermarket, because Verizon doesn't care about us!