Auto-retrieve is on but in order to receive group and text messages I have to manually turn on data
amitty

I recently just got a Droid Mini, my old phone, an htc rhyme, was running 2.3.4 and could do this but yet my new phone can't. Is there any way to make my phone do this? I feel like there has to be a way.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Auto-retrieve is on but in order to receive group and text messages I have to manually turn on data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Amitty,

Picture messages are important! MMS/group messages require that the network data be turned on in order to send properly. You can have Wi-fi and both mobile data turned on, and the picture should still be able to make a connection to the network to send the picture or group message. If the message does not send with both turned on, please turn off wi-fi and send the picture or group message over the network.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us@vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Auto-retrieve is on but in order to receive group and text messages I have to manually turn on data
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

MMS such as picture or group texts require a mobile data connection; they won't send/receive over wi-fi.

0 Likes
amitty

I am aware of this, however on a previous phone I could have data turned off but it would be automatically turned on when I receive MMS and I'm wondering if this phone can do the same.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Amitty,

Picture messages are important! MMS/group messages require that the network data be turned on in order to send properly. You can have Wi-fi and both mobile data turned on, and the picture should still be able to make a connection to the network to send the picture or group message. If the message does not send with both turned on, please turn off wi-fi and send the picture or group message over the network.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us@vzwsupport

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

I don't see a setting on that phone like your old 3g would do auto.

0 Likes