Audio clips copied from PC lose quality on device
Grundberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my PC, I created custom notification ringtones for my Samsung Galaxy, and the quality is excellent. But upon copying those audio files to my phone, sound quality is slightly diminished, as I hear faint hissing in the background of each audio clip.

This has been confirmed with WAV, MP3, and FLAC clips. Also, when copied to the phone and I'm prompted to convert the file (to WMA), and I respond "Yes", this issue still persists.

I'm not sure what else to do. How can I create crystal clear audio clips which will sound just as crisp on my device? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Audio clips copied from PC lose quality on device
Grundberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm just following up on my post a while back regarding audio quality on my Android.

When I create a custom audio clip on my PC and copy it to my device, the same audio clip seems to be lower quality with noticeable hissing. This happens no matter what file format (WAV, MP3, OGG, etc.), bitrate or quality I've saved it to on my PC.

I would like to create high-quality audio clips on my PC that will sound just as good on my phone, similar quality to the audio clips pre-installed on my phone.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Thank you in advance. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

I have had some experience with customizing ringtones on Galaxy/Moto Androids. Based on your description It seems like the quality is being degraded either during transfer, or when the android system is accessing the file for some reason.

What is the file size (in KB) of your custom files with the audio quality issue?

When you copy the files to your device are you using a USB cable or an application?

If using USB to copy, which folder on your device are you moving them to initially? Or are you copying them to the SD card?

If you manually play the file from the device is the audio quality still poor, or does the issue only occur when an actual call is received?

0 Likes
Grundberg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, Deloused, for your response. Here are my answers:

Each MP3 averages 40 to 90KB in size (they're all simple, brief notifications).

I'm using a USB cable to transfer from the PC to my Android Samsung Galaxy S7.

I don't use an SD card, so I copy them straight to my phone, to the Sounds/Notifications folder.

The sound file plays poorly no matter whether it's manually played or triggered via notification.

I would love to have crystal clear custom notifications on my device. Any further help anyone could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks! Smiley Happy

0 Likes