(Audible) TXT Notification - while engaged on a voice call
R8DODVA

I have an LG Ally, but don't know if this is a "Droid OS" related question, or specific to the Ally equipment, but I'm wondering if any Droid owners or Ally owners have noticed that if you're ON a (voice) call and you receive a text message, you don't hear a beep or anything, so you have NO idea you've gotten a text until you hang up the phone!  It's TERRIBLY inconvenient!

Does anyone else experience or notice this? I have had previous LG equipment including the Voyager and the enV Touch and I always heard a soft beep come through whenever I received a text message while being on the phone! Is there a setting for this on the Ally? Or they just didn't include this feature on this model? Or is this the case with ALL DROID phones regardless of the equipment?

any suggestions or feedback would be helpful, thanks! :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: (Audible) TXT Notification - while engaged on a voice call
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

The best way to do this is to enable the notifications in the message settings. The steps to do this are listed below:

• To begin open up your messages
  • Once the messages are open hit the menu key then select message settings
  • Scroll down and Enable Notifications
  • Choose the notifications
  • Close out by hitting the home key

Once you have done this the notifications should be present.

0 Likes
R8DODVA

Thank you for the tip, however, my text notification is already turned on, because when the phone is NOT in use and is in standby mode, it beeps whenever I receive a new message. That notification works fine.

What I'm talking about is while I'm engaged on a voicecall, unless I keep taking the phone away from my ear during my conversation to LOOK at the status bar, I have NO idea if I've received a text message. As I explained before, all my other Verizon equipment gave a short beep or tone that only I could hear on the phone. It was similar to the Call Waiting tone, but different, whenever I heard that tone, I knew that I had a text message and could view/respond to it while still on the call.

I do not seem to have this feature now with the Ally. Since this is my first smartphone, I'm impressed with all of the things it CAN do, but not so impressed with the simpler features that my phone no longer does.

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

If it is still not alerting you when in call there is an application called DG Alert and Chomp SMS that can enable the alert. Keep in mind that all applications are from third party users and are download at your own risk. These applications add a lot more features and customization to your stock android messaging application.

0 Likes