Audi bluetooth problems with Droid
Crabapple

Has anyone had problems with Droid bluetooth syncing with an Audi A4?   (Mine is a 2007)  Mine syncs for about 20 seconds then shutsdown-Constantly.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Audi bluetooth problems with Droid
stevehy
No problems with my Audi 2009TT. Also, all my friend with various Audi’s (A4,6,8) no problems. I would try to delete the phonebook (if any) on your car. If you have voice dialing you can give this command verbally.
0 Likes
twoof1

I have the same problem on my 2010 A4 with my Droid Eris. I updated from 1.5 to the 2.1 leaked ROM and am still having disconnect problems...Very frustrating. I'm taking my A4 in for service later this week and I'll ask them if they have any software updates for the system but I think it's and Android problem as there are reports all over the Google Android forum about this on different makes and models of in car Bluetooth systems. Here's a link:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3960

0 Likes
Crabapple

The problem is now fixed with Droid software Version 2.1.  (At least for the 2007 Audi A4.)  You must follow the diections in the RADIO manual.  The car must be parked with the ignition switch on and the pairing must start within a minute after the switch is on.  Once you scan from the phone bluetooth setup, it will ask for a code.  It is 1234 (by default).  Once it is paired you may have problems with the voice commands.  (It doesn't understand English numbers very well and I gave up on that.)  But I found out that if you push the MODE button on the left side of the steering wheel, it will list your entire phonebook without doing anything.  (It also mutes the radio.)  You can then scroll down using the radio station scroll button on the steering wheel.  It then flashes the name and number alternately on the dash display above the speedometer.  You dial the number by pushing in on the button.  When you are done you push the wheel button again to hang up and the radio is unmuted.  Works great!!!

0 Likes
Maitre

My Blackberry Storm performed just as you described.  My new Android X will let me call using the phone, but it does not download the address book to the car.  It just says loading , but never loads.

0 Likes
bgunnett

check your phone because it will only appear for a second asking if you want to download phonebook. very important step

0 Likes