Highlighted

Are there any new phones with removable batteries?

Bunnymad

My Samsung S7's battery stinks.  I need one with a spare battery more than I need a waterproof phone.  What good is a waterproof phone if the battery is dead and you can't use it? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Are there any new phones with removable batteries?

Bunnymad

Okay, battery sucking culprit identified.  Snapchat.  Installed it recently at the insistence of my grandkids but hadn't really used it much until a recent trip.  So I've set the preferences to "travel mode" and disabled the location setting on it.  We'll see if that helps.  In the meantime, bonus..... I now have a cool Anker portable battery charger. 

View solution in original post

kathy65793

I totally agree I wish they never sealed the battery inside the phone. When your phone was working do you know what was using most of the power from the battery. Was it like the system or a certain app??

0 Likes

sprmankalel
Leader

Portable battery packs are now very small and very powerful. Not to mention waaaaaaay cheaper than they used to be. See this on Amazon. It is cheaper than a cell phone battery (usually $39.99) and that doesn't take into account the stand-alone charger you'd need to buy.

Amazon.com: Poweradd Pilot X7 20,000mAh External Battery Compact Power Bank with Smart Charge for Sm...

This is 20,000 mah. The S7 is 3,000 mah. That is almost 7 full charges to your phone.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

With how much I use my phone, I totally understand the need for extra power, Bunnymad. While the newest devices in our line up all have non-removable batteries, the option for a portable battery from sprmankalel is an excellent idea and one I just used for my family vacation. It gives you the protection of having the water resistance to your phone but allows you to have that extra charge when you need it. We offer a number of those portable power packs at http://spr.ly/65898UDUZ . We also have some great tips at http://spr.ly/65808UDUw* to help extend your battery life.

I’m concerned you’re running into battery trouble in the first place. How long does a full charge last on your phone? Are you still using the original Samsung charger? What changes occurred on the phone around the same time you noticed a change in your battery?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

Bunnymad

There wasn't any real obvious cause when I checked battery usage, and eliminating apps didn't seem to help.  Neither did restarting the phone or clearing the cache.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Bunnymad-

Having a good battery life is certainly important. I trust we can get to the root cause for the best solution. How long does a full charge last on your phone? Has there been any recent changes like a new app download or software update around the time your battery life changed?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Bunnymad

There was a new update which I downloaded and installed and battery life may have improved, but only very minimally.  No new apps, in fact I uninstall Facebook thinking that will help but it doesn't really.  It seems the battery life is worse when we are out of town, most recently in Seattle.  Signal strength did fluctuate a bit.  And I was stuck in a remote little shopping center with only 4% battery left mid-day and had to hurry up and order my Uber car even though I was nowhere near done shopping.  Not good. 

At the advice above I purchased an Anker battery charger and used it for the first time yesterday.  Very impressed with the quick charge.  It seems lightweight enough to carry in my purse when traveling.  This may be the answer at this point.  Though not as lightweight or small as a spare battery would be.  But that's okay at least I have somewhat of a solution.  My hubby is still using his LG G4 and probably will stick with that phone since he has two spare batteries. 

Bunnymad

Okay, battery sucking culprit identified.  Snapchat.  Installed it recently at the insistence of my grandkids but hadn't really used it much until a recent trip.  So I've set the preferences to "travel mode" and disabled the location setting on it.  We'll see if that helps.  In the meantime, bonus..... I now have a cool Anker portable battery charger. 

View solution in original post