Apps crashing, phone rebooting itself
Quertie

I've got a DRIOD Razr M and for the last week I've had issues with trying to open apps. ANY apps, Messaging, Chrome, Facebook, Settings, Gmail... anything. And it's not the type of crashing where I get the pop up notification "ThisApp has stopped responding. Wait. Report. Close", when I go to open an app, it starts to pen, then just closes. It takes about 8-10 tries until it finally opens all the way, and even then, most of the time it'll randomly just close again without me hitting the return or home buttons. This is a problem because it does this with the Dialer app to, meaning I can't make calls, I can't answer calls, and I can't even get to my missed calls.

On top of all the app issues, the phone will just randomly reboot itself. No reason, didn't ask it to, wasn't even touching it, but every couple of days (sometimes multiple times in one day) it'll shut itself down and start back up. Once again, this is an issue because while its rebooting, I can't get to my texts or calls, and literally just "miss" them and never know someone tried to contact me. For instance, last night, phone decided to reboot itself, my BOSS texted me pertinent information about a meeting this morning. I never got the text and there was no record of the phone even attempting to retrieve it.

I've done a hard factory reset in the past and it hasn't fixed anything. I've rebooted the phone in safemode and uninstalled 3rd party apps. Rebooted it multiple times, its now currently in safemode and STILL crashing/not opening applications.

I need this fixed ASAP.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apps crashing, phone rebooting itself
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Do NOT do an FDR for this. Try a Cache Clean on this. Also I would disable some of the apps you added as well as the Bloatware Verizon has installed on the phone and then slowly bring back the ones you use.

0 Likes
Quertie

I refuse to do a factory reset because I'll lose EVERYTHING (again) earlier

this year this buggy hone did it's OWN hard reset and I lost everything,

pictures, contacts, apps, settings.

and I already uninstalled apps, and disabled the unused "bloatware" that

comes on the phone...... still bugging out, it even tried to updated

uninstalled and disabled apps so I had to go into the Play store and turn

off automatic updates.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You might Try this as I have in the past go in and Clear the Cache &  Data in the App Store or Google Play.. Uninstall the Playstore Back to Factory Level.. Shut of the phone off or Power cycle it then go into your Apps Drawer find the Playstore app Drag it back to your home screen Tap on it accept the Terms as it will ask,  let the PlayStore reload all of it's content see if then if you apps have settled down.. it may take several minutes as to let the apps reload and get updated..

Hope that Helps.. b33

0 Likes
Quertie

Thanks for the input, I tried what you suggested, but unfortunately it

didn't fix my issue. My issue seems to be more of a system/software issue I

think, since the crashing/failure to open happens with literally everything

on the phone, not just apps that I downloaded from the Play store.

Thanks for the attempt though!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

K. Hopefully Motorola has a Fix coming soon.. And just for the asking it sound like you haven't had the phone very long have you had it less than 14 Days.?  if so you might try getting another one or get the Phone like I have, I got a Droid Maxx and it is doing pretty decent on 4.4.4

0 Likes
Quertie

I've actually had it over a year and a half. I got it last February and

it's been giving me issues/headaches since it turned a year old. My

contract doesn't come up until February 2015 and since Verizon did away

with early upgrades (thanks for nothing) I'm stuck with it unless I want to

pay out the (removed) for a new phone without contract

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I understand the frustration.. been there before in past..

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I do not do FDR's either as a Cache Wipe will generally do the trick on these.  Do you remember what happened when this started? Was it the KitKat update that triggered this? was it before the KitKat update, after or???  After KitKat did you recheck all of your apps to make sure they are KitKat compatible?

One thing you may be able to do as well on this is change the RunTime from Delvic to Art (It is an option with KitKat) and try that.  Do you run an Antivirus app on your phone?  I would install Lookout Mobile Security and run a scan as well as some of this is sounding an awful lot like a Virus which is limiting your use.  outside of these it may be a Hardware issue as well which can be tested but I would save that for last

0 Likes
Quertie

It was definitely after the KitKat update, but not directly after, it's

been a month since the update and it's been just recently with the bugging

out.

I had an anti-virus/scanning software, but when all these issues started

I uninstalled it with a number of other third party apps. I'll look into

the one you mentioned and report back, thanks for the suggestion!

0 Likes