Apps corrupted on re-boot - LG Ally
vincentp

How many people are having problems with certain applications not working after a re-start after the 9/17/10 update?  The app installs and works properly until a restart after which it's icon is replaced with a generic Android icon and it generates and error when run.

In my case it is the mobile Pay Pal app but from what I can find on-line it seems to be a problem with any app that uses the /data/app-private/ subdirectory.

I have been able to fix it by moving the .apk file to the sd card and re-installing it from there, but this requires su access and I would like to know is there is a way to fix this.

Here is a thread on the problem:

http://androidforums.com/lg-ally/184532-app-disappears-after-turning-phone-off.html

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apps corrupted on re-boot - LG Ally
matchbook21

The only thing I have found to help is notify the app developer and ask them to remove the "protection" Free apps wont have a problem doing so. Paid apps are another mess altogether.  History Eraser just put out an update and the notes are "removed protection" that seemed to make the app work!

0 Likes
Re: Apps corrupted on re-boot - LG Ally
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello vincentp. I have read your post and understand your concern for the apps on your device. You can go through some reset steps on your device which should resolve the issue. 

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Select "reboot Phone"

5. Allow the reboot process to complete until phone completely powers up

***Performing a hard reset will remove ALLdata including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.***

1. Hold Home Button and press power (continue to hold until you see the triangle with an asterisk like in step 2)

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with asterisk

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Left Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

9. Sometimes phone hangs after reboot and will take a while but if no response after 5 - 10 minutes, pull the battery and reinsert. (Device usually starts fine after this)

0 Likes