Anyone having problems with their Samsung Galaxy S5 LED not working for notifications after the Lollipop update?
chrissycole87
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is completely frustrating since I have my phone on silent all day at work!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone having problems with their Samsung Galaxy S5 LED not working for notifications after the Lollipop update?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Go to a Best Buys and have a Samsung Tech correct this for you.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone having problems with their Samsung Galaxy S5 LED not working for notifications after the Lollipop update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your LED is not working on your Galaxy S chrissycole87. Have you updated any apps since your update? Have you checked the settings on your device?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
chrissycole87
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I have not downloaded anything and all the settings are the same. I have figured out that it has to do with the interuption thing, so apparently I cant see when I have texts when my phone is on silent. This update is garbage!!!

>> Personal information removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information chrissycole87. I know its frustrating to have issues after your update. Have you tried a factory reset on your device. This can help clear up minor issues with your phone. Just ensure you have all data backed up before performing this step.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
chrissycole87
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is everyone's suggestion yet if you Google it that doesn't work. Verizon has no real solutions to anything. It may be time you switch providers.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you tried another app like Light Flow to illuminate the LED?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chrissycole87, We would be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family. I have requested to follow you. I also sent you a Direct Message. Could you please respond back to that direct message. I'm looking forward to hearing back from you.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lorri_hamb

Same thing has happened to me. So annoying.

0 Likes
Sophiar

I found a solution that works for this and hopefully it helps you as well.

I also keep my phone on my desk at work on silent and have always watched for the lock screen flash and/or LED notification for messages.  I have never kept my phone on vibrate because of the buzzing noise.  However, in looking over some other forums, I noted that the LED's do still flash when the phone is on vibrate mode.  Both the stock Messages and Facebook Messenger have the option to turn vibrate off.  So, even though the phone is in vibrate mode, the notifications do not vibrate.  You do still get the LED notifications.  I am assuming that this would also be the case if you turn off vibrate for incoming calls as well.

Now, if anyone can find a way to make the Messages header not be orange, it would be very much appreciated!

0 Likes