Re: Anyone having problems with the Samsung Galaxy Stellar touch screen after a screen lock?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi depressed!

By the time I'm done here you won't have to worry any longer about the lock screen issues or having to deal with losing your saved information. So, let me start by putting your mind at ease. The work around power cycling your device every now and then does help but we ultimately want to run a factory reset.

A factory reset will wipe your phone to factory standards and this is how you process one http://vz.to/WaAcRz . When it comes to your concerns about deleting your information, no worries. First, I'd recommend running backup assistant to backup contacts (gmail also works). Also, your apps are tied into your Gmail account so when restoring, they will not be lost. Finally, if you have pictures or videos you'd like to save, bypass wiping the SD card. I hope this helps!

EvanO_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us On Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Anyone having problems with the Samsung Galaxy Stellar touch screen after a screen lock?
saltysandy

I have been having the same issue, i was pushed to get this phone from one of the employees in december.. phone was great for about a week then the freezing started. got annoyed cause it would happen within minutes of me taking off my case, and yanking the battery, i went back and they told me that they had never heard of such a thing happening and looked at me like i was crazy. so i would restart every so often during the day when it would start slowing down.. helped a little bit.. got so bad one day i did a factory reset after saving everything on the google sync luckily i yanked my memory car out cause it wiped everything off the phone, and i couldnt get it back, mainly my apps. after the reset i noticed these lines running through the screen, only visible when there is an off black or black color on the screen. almost like the screen got broken but its only happening when there is a dark color on the screen... has there been anything to fix this problem? because even after the 45 minute update i randomly got its still happening...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi saltysandy!

I want you to have the best wireless experience! I understand that your phone worked great for a about a week after you purchased it. Issues like those described in your post are commonly caused by 3rd party applications that don't play well with your phone's operating system. I see that you have done a factory reset and issues continue. I'd like to ask, did you installed all your applications at once after you did factory reset? If so, I recommend doing a factory reset again and this time install one application at a time and test for a few hours before you install another application, this will help you identify the conflicting application and then you can remove it for good. As for the lines running through the screen I recommend bringing your phone to a Verizon Wireless store http://vzw.com/StoreLocator for a visual inspection. Let us know how every thing goes with your phone after you follow the above steps.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes