Anyone having problems with the Samsung Galaxy Stellar touch screen after a screen lock?
pineapple55

My Samsung Galaxy Stellar won't respond from the lock screen, about once a week.

What touch screen issues are others having?

As a workaround, I have to remove the back cover and battery, replace, and turn the phone on.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone having problems with the Samsung Galaxy Stellar touch screen after a screen lock?
A_S_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same problem and have only had my phone since October. Sometimes it goes black and I can't bring ANYTHING up. Can't even restart it. I have also had to take the battery out. I am NOT HAPPY with my phone and am mad I was talked into it by a verizon employee. Anyhoo, I think that I may try to go in and ask about it.

Re: Anyone having problems with the Samsung Galaxy Stellar touch screen after a screen lock?
pineapple55

I've had success if I turn my phone off each night, the frequency is less, and my daughter has the same phone and it has hung once in the span of 2 months.

I suspect an issue with GPS and/or WiFi, as it's hung up in transitioning from Navigation or entering / leaving a known WiFi hotspot.

I am optimistic that Verizon / Samsung will release a firmware update to address the issue.

0 Likes
ke6alv
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far I have had 3 of these phones in as many months.  After about 3 weeks, the phone will suddenly lock up on me, and will either go into a boot loop, or just become unresponsive.  Couldn't even do a factory reset on the first one.  In both cases, I can see activity on the wifi indicator, so it's not like the phone is completely frozen, but you can't do anything with it since the screen is.  I really like this phone, but if this third one does the same thing, I'm going to throw it out the window, and cancel my 7 year old account!

0 Likes
GracieB712
Enthusiast - Level 2

YES!  I am having the same problem two or three times a week!  Weirdly, it occurs at about the same time each evening - between 8:30 and 9 pm.  It drives me crazy.  I went to the Verizon store and the tech there looked at me like I was nuts when I tried to describe the problem. I have to remove the battery, put it back and turn the phone on again to get it to work.

0 Likes
A_S_
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems like when I restart my phone daily or every other, I don't have a problem. Try that and see if it helps. Good luck.

0 Likes
GracieB712
Enthusiast - Level 2

I turn mine off every night when I charge it overnight.  Normally, this only happens in the evenings...but as soon as I posted my comment here, it suddenly did it again!  I am thinking of stopping by the Verizon store tonight...but I suspect that a replacement phone will do the same thing.

0 Likes
A_S_
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you do, I'd love to know what they say. I can't wait to upgrade to an iPhone.

0 Likes
GracieB712
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted the Samsung company about it and they tell me that I need a 'factory reset"...which will cause me to lose all my apps and contacts, etc. They recommended that I have the reset done at the Verizon store.  I have seen this issue mentioned on a number of websites....it HAS to be a glitch with this phone!

depressed
Enthusiast - Level 1

What did you end up doing about your problem.  I have the same issue with mine.  I want a new one if I'm going to lose all of my Apps along with everything else.

0 Likes