Anyone having problems with Yahoo! Mail?
Gawain

I have been getting inconsistent answers so I'm trying here too.  About 4 days ago, my HTC ThunderBolt stopped syncing with Yahoo! Mail.  I have a paid "Plus" account and my device was working fine with its native email client to access/send/receive email.

Now, I am able to send messages from the account on my Tbolt, and the recipient does get them.  However, I cannot receive them on the device.  I can view all my folders in the account (just as IMAP functionality provides), but they all come up empty.

I am certain this is a Yahoo! issue.  I've tried contacting them, their customer service, even for paid accounts in non-existent.  I was hoping someone around here might have some ideas while I pursue some kind of response from Yahoo.

I don't use the Yahoo! Mail app for Android because a) it's lame, b) it's slow, c) then I can't use unified messaging through a single email client.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone having problems with Yahoo! Mail?
flackberry

This is still a problem. Yahoo email will not receive on the stock HTC mail app that comes with the phone. I've had the phone for a month and it worked flawelessy up until 6/25/11. Yahoo mail sets up ok with no errors, but just never recieves email in the mail app. I have cleared cache on the mail app, deleted the account, reset the phone and even spoke with Verizon data support. They said it was a Yahoo problem and had no resolution.

Funny thing is if you download and setup the k9-mail app from the Android market it works fine with Yahoo mail. Somewhere there is change or problem with Yahoo mail and the HTC mail app and no one wants to admit it The common thread here is HTC mail and Yahoo. I have a line with an IPhone 4 and that has absolutely no problems with Yahoo mail. If you search other Android forums online there problem is everywhere and not just with Verizon HTC phones. Sprint HTC users are having the issue as well.

Please fix this....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It might be android phones in general that are having trouble with Yahoo. There are several threads started in the Droid X forum here. I have also seen questions about connecting to yahoo with Samsung phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
flackberry

Yep....and it would be nice for them to acknowledge the problem at this point. Instead of advising to download the horrible Yahoo mail app.

The iPhones and iPads in my household are not having this issue. They all work fine with Yahoo email and the stock Apple mail application.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

"I don't use the Yahoo! Mail app for Android because a) it's lame, b) it's slow, c) then I can't use unified messaging through a single email client".

i don't use the yahoo app either, or  many others, just the same old yahoo web mail i can get on my pc.

i always had a problem with webmail, couldn't open some attachments, a pain to deal with, so i've been an outlook/outlook express user and have no problems getting pop3 emmail on the phone.

many droids have problems with cox/pop3 mail in phx.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand your concern in this matter. Please remove the Yahoo email and re-add it to your device. This should re-fresh the email and resolve the issue. 

Please let us know if you have any additional concerns. Thank you!

0 Likes
Gawain

ChristinaB_VZW wrote:

I understand your concern in this matter. Please remove the Yahoo email and re-add it to your device. This should re-fresh the email and resolve the issue. 

Please let us know if you have any additional concerns. Thank you!

About four days ago, the Yahoo! Mail began working correctly again, as if it had been chugging along with no problem at all.  I did end up getting a note from Yahoo! support that they were working on the problem, but provided no details.  So, give the native email client another try if you were waiting it out.

I knew it wasn't a VZW or device issue,  in the end, it was a Yahoo! issue, but everyone seems to have been in the dark with how to address it, or even know what was going on.

Have a happy Fourth of July weekend all.

0 Likes
debo1120

I have the same problem and that doesn't work.  The error message persists.  Any other ideas?

0 Likes
thor77
Enthusiast - Level 3

same here.keep getting error message with the yahoo mail.can not log into yahoo mail.yet my itouch has no problem with yahoo mail log in.i got the droid razr 3 days ago.everything else is working fine.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello debo1120 and thor77 (thor I responded to you in another thread and gave specific instructions for the Razr), welcome to the community! I can certainly make sure we get your email working on your phone. Which Android do you have? Are you able to login to Yahoo from your computer? Do you get the error when adding the account or after it has already been added? Try removing your Yahoo account again and add the account manually using these email settings:

incoming server: imap.mail.yahoo.com

port: 143

outgoing server: smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

port: 587

Let me know how this works for you.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes