Anyone able to help with Galaxy S5 WiFi issues?
MichaelS5

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and ever since I bought it (Purchased on releasing day), the WiFi connection is horrible.

To be more specific, the WiFi works perfectly when using the web browser, however, almost all of my applications that require internet connection such as facebook, youtube, imdb, snapchat, and various email application hardly work at all. I don't know if it's the applications themselves because applications like my mobile banking app, pandora, and my GPS application (Waze) all work just fine with no issues at all.

I googled it and found a few posts with somewhat similar issues which lead me to going into my WiFi settings and changing it from DHCP to static. However, it didn't help. I also went into my router and changed the channel, but it still didn't help.

If you have experience in this area or know of anything I can do to fix it, please feel free to explain.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anyone able to help with Galaxy S5 WiFi issues?
__Sami__
Enthusiast - Level 2

Disable, uninstall, and force stop everythig labeled ANT. That was the only thing I found that fixed my problem (worked on figuring this out for about 3 days!). Running in safe mode does the trick also..because ANT ** is disabled. Easier to just get rid of it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rivesvzw

I have the exact same issue and have take the same steps.  Any solutions to this?

0 Likes
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

My wife is having the same issue. ive done everything there is to try and fix this issue and was

unsuccessful. She is quite frustrated... after all i did have her leave tmobile to switch to verizon

and now she has had nothing but issues that hse never ever had with tmobile.  ive bee with verizon for years.

i just dont get it!

have you got any answers for this issue yet?

thanks

0 Likes
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

By the way i am aware that this is a samsung issue and not verizons fault. i am haveing my wife remove sim and reinsert to see if this solves it

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Two questions

1. Does your phone list your home wifi network in the available networks?

2. Can you hook up to wifi in other places besides your home?

0 Likes
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

days later (today) my droid did the same thing. even though i did narrow it down to only becoming an issue with facebook. after i reset my home wifi all began working fine. just an fyi update

0 Likes
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

i simply have refused to try this one lil bit of effort because i was convinced my home network had nothing to do with our smartphones not connectiong to facebook through our wifi. WRONG! it was the issue. apparently believe it or not there are a couple reasons why you have to sometimes reset your home wifi for your smartphones

0 Likes
__Sami__
Enthusiast - Level 2

Disable, uninstall, and force stop everythig labeled ANT. That was the only thing I found that fixed my problem (worked on figuring this out for about 3 days!). Running in safe mode does the trick also..because ANT ** is disabled. Easier to just get rid of it.

0 Likes