Another S5 update issue. Kitkat 4.4.4
LMIchaelS

When I installed the recent 4.4.4 update, it disabled my finger print sensor. Not a life or death issue for me but the fp sensor is convenient. The first time through customer support, my problem remained unresolved. Factory reset did not improve anything. After a couple weeks, I talked to a sympathetic 2nd level support person, Darlene. Her resolution is to replace my S5 under warranty. This was after she and I talked with a samsung tech rep who was not helpful.

Samsung guy immediately started finger pointing. Google wrote the software he complained. Verizon customized it he said. His solution was to take phone to Best Buy and have them "re flash" it. How is this different from a "factory" reset done by the customer? It is not different, except I would waste entire afternoon rather than only a couple of hours. Hahahahahaha! Politely, Darlene got him off the phone and we got back to business. After a little more chat she offered to replace the phone.

SIdebar: remember the old old days of radio shack? The clerks were nerds with attitude. If you didn't know how to use a soldering iron, they were rude to you. Ever wonder what happened to those guys? The went to work for samsung tech support.

my replacement phone will arrive tomorrow. I wonder what experience others have had with fixing the finger print sensor after the 4.4.4 update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes