Re: Another ERIS 2.1 rumor, just for the fun of it
M3lton
Contributor - Level 1

Well, it's the 13th. Anyone get the update?

0 Likes
wabbitinspace

Nope, I didn't receive no update. I have a feeling we wont till the end of April, or may even I have no clue **bleep** Verizon, HTC, or Google is doing now, its **bleep** me off I must say though.

0 Likes
The_Aussie

i believe that today would be the 1,000 if it happens, then tomorrow the 10,000 and then a cool off day then to the masses on friday...IF IT HAPPENS....again no breath holding here...

@ Bill...yeah i know the 2.1 hacked version is out there, im trying to give Big Red one more chance before i hack up to 2.1, i would prefer the OTA version to keep warranty, but at the same time i really need navigation something fierce...

0 Likes
sharkhawk19

So, did anyone get the update yet? I am getting so ancy and **bleep** off. What is the deal with Verizon?

0 Likes
Ludist210

Bill_Morris wrote:

I have seen a hacked version of android 2.1 on an Eris. Navigation!!!!

Plenty of people have done it on AndroidForums.com, but I'm not about to try it and potentially ruin my cell phone.

Seriously Verizon, you've done nothing but pimp the Droid for months.  Cut Eris users some slack.

0 Likes
The_Aussie

I understand if they may be starting to Phase out the ERIS as other rumors have implied, but still do the upgrade and make people aware that it will be the final upgrade. I brought the phone on the premise of the navigation being available, this was confirmed by a sales guy ( i know i know..not that reliable), but then the store manager also confirmed that the upgrade was coming in Jan (i would hope this is a little more reliable), we then get the word from some upper up that it was going to happen in Q1....yet we still have nothing...i am so frustrated, i know now to not believe a thing im told by Verizon and that is really disappointing that we have deceptive sales tactics....it wasn't called for, i was going to  get a new phone, but i really need the navigation, i have another trip next week and again no navigation so im stuck trying to use the half assed version of navigation that the current version has. I dont like the idea of using the hacked version, but what am i left to do? wait until the end of April and then be disappointed that Verizon has not fulfilled our hopes again??? I dont like the bulk of the Moto Droid, but i would happily trade the size for the functionality right now....but hey Verizon says there is nothing they can do because of the contract....

HEY VERIZON ARE YOU LISTENING????? DO YOU CARE AT ALL??????DO YOU REALIZE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE FEELING THIS WAY????

yeah im very seriously considering the early out option on the contract, sure it will cost some money....but is it worth it? is the grass greener on the other side? at least i know what im getting with an iphone....what do you do? i just want to work with a company i can trust...right now i am quickly, very quickly loosing faith in Verizon....i admit nothing is ever going to be perfect, i just want someone to trust....

ok im done ranting....

0 Likes
Butthead
Contributor - Level 2

Would you be happier if they released a version that was buggy? Software development cycles often do miss target dates. It happens. Relax. Eris is getting 2.1

The version of 2.1 floating out there for the Eris **IS NOT** a hacked version but a leaked pre-release version. Its has its quirks, but it has been running fine on my Eris for about a month now.

0 Likes
The_Aussie

Thanks butthead...if i dont see some action soon i may be heading for the leaked version... disappointing that we need to go this direction...but oh well....

0 Likes