Another ERIS 2.1 rumor, just for the fun of it
The_Aussie

now i dont particularly want to stir the waters too much, but i have read on another site that rumors of the OTA ERIS update starting in the same fashion as the Moto Droid did starting on the 13th of April. Anyone else hear or see anything along those lines? sorry if this has already been covered, im trying to be patient just curious what others have heard...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Another ERIS 2.1 rumor, just for the fun of it
IndianaJones

IDK, I read somewhere there's a "webinar" starting tomorrow on how to upgrade to 2.1 or something? I couldn't find anything on here about that though, and they've been promising it forever, so I'm pretty pessimistic. Here's hoping though....

0 Likes
Ludist210

I just want the update to happen so I can have my Navigator back.  I mean, my Samsung Gleam did that, and I bought it in early 2008.

0 Likes
The_Aussie

I know what your saying, i had the Blackberry storm, i travel all over the country for my job, so the bulk of the Moto droid didnt attract me, but the promise of the update made me go for the ERIS. So far with the exception of the navigator (which is becoming more annoying as time passes) i really like the phone, it is very stable for me and works well, i just need the navigator so i can stop missing turns and getting lost in some other city!!!..lol

0 Likes
Tatfreak

I Just got off the phone with Tech Spport at Verizon & he said that The Eris WILL be getting Andriod 2.1. He Informed me that they are going to start the rolling updates over the air very soon and by the end of April every Eris will have 2.1 on their phones and still have the Sense UI that the Eris has on it. He also said to just watch the phone for the update prompt cause it is comming very soon.

So looks like within the next few weeks us Eris owners will be jumping for joy finalyl!

Belive me if you want or not but this came from Tech Support and I'm just passing the good word on to very eager Eris owners for this long awaited news. If you want to hear it your self call Customer Service at 1-800-922-0204 and navigate to Tech Support and ask them.

0 Likes
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tatfreak wrote:

I Just got off the phone with Tech Spport at Verizon & he said that The Eris WILL be getting Andriod 2.1. He Informed me that they are going to start the rolling updates over the air very soon and by the end of April every Eris will have 2.1 on their phones and still have the Sense UI that the Eris has on it. He also said to just watch the phone for the update prompt cause it is comming very soon.

So looks like within the next few weeks us Eris owners will be jumping for joy finalyl!

Belive me if you want or not but this came from Tech Support and I'm just passing the good word on to very eager Eris owners for this long awaited news. If you want to hear it your self call Customer Service at 1-800-922-0204 and navigate to Tech Support and ask them.

Yeah, looks like the "sooner rather than later" speculation is ramping up. I'm not a rumor mill person, but I would not be surprised if we start to see some 2.1's roll out pretty soon!

0 Likes
Dominique

Yeah, I went ahead and called.  The lady from VZW Tech Support said she had just talked to HTC on Friday for another person.  She said that the HTC rep stated something about they still have a couple bugs to work out (one about not being able to empty the trash folder from gmail), and a couple other ones.  She said it would be very soon after that when we'll start recieving update notifications.

0 Likes
The_Aussie

Well i do hope it is soon...but i think like most other ERIS owners, im not going to hold my breath waiting....

0 Likes
albiewan

Have you looked on Androidforums.com?  I have been on Androidforums.com since last December and if you know about it then great!  If not check it out because anything to do with Android is up to the minute.  Most of the posters and especially the mods are loaded with inside info trying to weed out the truth.  There are so many rumors about the 2.1 update that it's insane.  I've been waiting since I got mine in Nov 2009...

0 Likes
Bill_Morris

I have seen a hacked version of android 2.1 on an Eris. Navigation!!!!

0 Likes