Annoying Verizon Message on Tablet
JAN948

Recently I had a data plan on my tablet, and removed it when the two year contract was over. Every day now I receive a message saying "get data".  How do I get rid of this message?  The previous post had a link that didn't work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Annoying Verizon Message on Tablet
bearone21
Legend

un-select connect to network!!

0 Likes
JAN948

I am not quite sure what you mean.   I connect to my WiFi only.   I don't have mobile data selected.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you removed the SIM card from the device?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JAN948

Yes, I have.  Now I get two annoying messages, get data and no sim card!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

that's what i was asking, thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use airplane mode and then turn on the wifi radio.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JAN948

That didn't work either!   Sorry....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jan948, we want this issue resolved ASAP.  What type of tablet is it?  What happens when you put the Tablet in Airplane mode (No SIM error message, Get Data message, or both)?

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAN948

I have a Samsung Tab 3 tablet that I bought almost 3 yrs. ago.  When I took out sim card got 2 messages, get data and no sim card. When I put it in airplane mode , it still says get data.  I have researched on line, but to no avail.  Is there anything else that I can try?  Thanks, Jan

0 Likes