Android update on Droid Maxx now I can't turn on the phone.
John101948
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last night I upgraded the Android operating on my Droid Maxx phone.  After the update phone was slow to respond, and erratic.  Then it would not turn on.  I charged it all night, and today it still will not turn on. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Android update on Droid Maxx now I can't turn on the phone.
John101948
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading through other posts on this site, I tried charging again, and this solved the problem.  The phone was at about 80% charge when I started the software update.  Hard to understand why the charge would drop off so fast.  Last night I left the phone plugged into a USB port on my computer, rather than the regular charger. When I finally used the regular charger, the phone reported 0% charge. 

Thank you, the problem seems to be resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

John101948,

I am so sorry to hear about the device issues after the update. Have you tried to hold down the power button and volume button down at the same time? Let us know if the phone powers on then. Does the phone show it is charging even though it is not powering on?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
John101948
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading through other posts on this site, I tried charging again, and this solved the problem.  The phone was at about 80% charge when I started the software update.  Hard to understand why the charge would drop off so fast.  Last night I left the phone plugged into a USB port on my computer, rather than the regular charger. When I finally used the regular charger, the phone reported 0% charge. 

Thank you, the problem seems to be resolved.

0 Likes