Android group text/messenging on new phones
rjdunn84

I am a long time Verizon customer and have recently owned the Galaxy Nexus for the last two years and have been dissatisfied with the group texting capabilities, although otherwise happy with the phone. The group messenges all need to be downloaded, often arent downloaded in chronological order, and it often has long delays when receiving or sending group messeges. I have tried and used 3rd party texting apps as well.

I have been shopping for a new Android based phone for Verizon, but this problem seems consistent with other phones I am looking at, specifically the Droid Mini.

Why dont these phones group messenging work for naturally like my older phones, Blackberrys, flip phones, and iPhones? It also seems other service providers dont have this problem. I dont understand the challenge Android, Verizon, and/or these ohone manufacturers are having with this function and would like some help with this.

I am looking for some clarity to the above issues, but here are some more specific questions to help:

Which Android phones dont have this problem?

Which Operating Systems dont have this problem?

Which service providers dont have this problem?

For my new phone recommendations, if this helps, my shopping criteria includes, small Android phone, excellent battery life, good processor, 4g lte (to be used as a hot spot for my computer), and preferably seemless group messaging.

Thank you in advance community and customer support.

Labels (1)
0 Likes